PW RIFLE SHOOT WEEKEND 11th-12th JUNE 2016

SPARKIE

Me +1 sparky .... both days shooting rifles ....I'll fetch the defender to start those lesser vehicles!!!

Bloody hell where have you been??

Nowt wrong with Jap trucks!!!!!!!

Lol

Note to self turn sat nav off after arrival and turn off ignition,

Are you bringing your lad along again Mad un?

I wonder if Robson Green is coming again??lol

Flynny

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind the egg sarnies,

Just make sure you bring a proper single malt with you this year, none of that bells rubbish lol lol,

I'll bring a good un, so make sure you pop over for a dram or three, you know the score,

If the fire is roaring the drams we'll be supping

Flynny

State of my finances, I may have to bring a can of Vimto and a load of straws lol.

Cheers Martin, I might bring my nephew along , just waiting to here if he's away or not yet, if he is coming I'll let you know asap mate

Top man for organising again,

It's a reet good craic,

Flynny

yer no worries should be a couple more kids there this year....showing us how its done lol

Yep robson's coming, Is your mate coming flynny

Good man,

No my mate aint coming , my brother in law is joining us ,

he is wanting to get into this shooting lark, so it will be a good insight/learning curve (and reet good craic) for him

atb

Flynny

State of my finances, I may have to bring a can of Vimto and a load of straws lol.

pop over well see you right mate,

ATB

Flynny

After the shooting has finished!!

did you not know that one of the shooting comps that Dougy has arranged involves drinking a full bottle of absinth? and then running round with a 50 cal seeing how many targets you can shoot!!!!!!!!

OF COURSE WE ONLY HAVE A WEE DRAM AFTER THE DAYS EVENTS,

hells bells????????

flynny

No way would I bring one lol. Catton is way too small and I brought a 338 there last year which was totally pointless but needed zeroing. 50's are jusy 'ego' rifles, bloody noisy and huge but not actually that much use unless you are wanting to out energy on target. I'd much rather have a 338 or if I had to go bigger for serious long range, I'd have a Cheytac in either 408 or the laser like 375. Yes you can go way out with the biggies but most 50's are still using low tech/b.c. bullets anyway.

The '50' is also quite a restrictive name alone and brings with it a fair amount of negative aura. I have only ever shot a few and other than a huge roar from the crowd, was left a little dissapointed. I'm not doing much big gun testing at the moment and prefer smaller stuff anyway as its less hassle to shoot, 50's at less than a grand are a bit wasted.

Bloody spoil sport lol

Flynny

Chris I've shot the odd 50 and got to say I agree a 338 is a much better tool. It's nice to shoot a 50 to say you have but that's it, unless of course it's a .50 HMG!

In indirect fire mode by any chance Daf? Your own hectare removal system?