Six Nations

guest1957

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got to start with Danny Care.Ford had poor game today......I would go Cipriani we cant keep getting on top of teams without scoring..........Youngs is too slow in the pass always takes a step too far......get rid.

Yep, totally agree, can't beat a SH who can pass off the floor in one fluid movement to keep tempo.

• 2 weeks later...

right well the big one Wales v England..should be a cracker...E Jones has started the pre match with Scrummage wind ups in the media....2 great in form No8s clash....I think wales are slight favourites....I still dont know how they won the RWC game but they did and they have a better team now than then(less injuries)...If england execute accurately,and give away less penalties than last 3 games then with home advantage should win,If however Wales are in touch after 60-65 minutes I think their experience and all round 'nouse' will get them over the line.R|eally annoyed Jones starts with Youngs at 9 and Ford neither merit their places to this point & Ford/Farrell is a weak point...Jamie Roberts will clearly be smashing that channel whereas Manu should be there to hit Roberts back.....either way a cracker in prospect...enjoy! put my neck out 29-23 final score will tell you which way Monday!

I have become completely disillusioned with rugby. I played from the age of 11 to 40 and thought it was a fantastic game but I am afraid the modern game doesn't do it for me. I didn't watch any of the world cup with any passion and watched none of the six nations. It has all become about the collision and with the fitness of players nowadays become too cluttered with no space on the pitch. So my suggestions for making it better. Some obvious, some more radical.

Reduce the number of players to create more space and free up the breakdown. Get rid of flankers

Bring back rucking

Ban lifting/supporting in line-outs (in order to bring competion into them again)

Make scrum halves feed the scrum straight and make hookers hook. *** how hard is it to call this one out. It's not rocket science

Use the TMO for tries only. Let the referee police the game. Rugby was always self regulating in respect of discipline.

Have a maximum size for backs. Rugby used to be game for all sizes. Short, fat blokes played in the front row, tall lankly ones in the second row, scrum-halves were small and nippy etc. Nowadays everybody has to be a monster.

Totally agree with you regarding the rucking AVB.

yes good weekend in front of us. I fancy Scotland's chances against France, and I reckon Ireland wont have it easy, if the game was in Rome I'd bet a beer on Italy taking it! (due to Irish injuries)

Wales v England will be very close, it could well come down to one mistake or piece of exceptional skill, or luck which will win the day.

Enjoy all.

Cheers

Aled

interesting...scrums are now a disaster,so much match time wasted...rucking should be allowed...........alot of waht AVB says is true of N Hem teams,it is collission/battering ram/collision predictable rubbish where is Phil Bennett/JJ JPR.......weather will be good lets hope the teams decide to play with some imagination and running patterns...they both have the players but do they have the balls to take a risk or 2?

First half big TMO ho ha about a welsh knock back leading to a potential english try and then another re grounding. 2nd half english knock back leads to welsh try disallowed with no TMO intervention may have led to a different result. Have to admit tho that england were up for this match and deserving winners

England got complacent. I still can't get how Wales got away with so many warnings re slowing the ball down yet survived without a card.

cant believe Dan Cole only got sin binned when he did

Poor first half by wales gifted this game to England. All hail the mighty English rugby team and their chariot ride to world domination. LOL

Wales were taken apart 1st half and were lucky to keep 15 on the field....for 65 minutes it was so one sided as to nearly getting embarassing...final scoreline did not reflect the match.Warburton injury looked nasty,hope he is ok. Otoje could become a great......a Lion in the making

I have become completely disillusioned with rugby. I played from the age of 11 to 40 and thought it was a fantastic game but I am afraid the modern game doesn't do it for me. I didn't watch any of the world cup with any passion and watched none of the six nations. It has all become about the collision and with the fitness of players nowadays become too cluttered with no space on the pitch. So my suggestions for making it better. Some obvious, some more radical.

Reduce the number of players to create more space and free up the breakdown. Get rid of flankers

Bring back rucking

Ban lifting/supporting in line-outs (in order to bring competion into them again)

Make scrum halves feed the scrum straight and make hookers hook. *** how hard is it to call this one out. It's not rocket science

Use the TMO for tries only. Let the referee police the game. Rugby was always self regulating in respect of discipline.

Have a maximum size for backs. Rugby used to be game for all sizes. Short, fat blokes played in the front row, tall lankly ones in the second row, scrum-halves were small and nippy etc. Nowadays everybody has to be a monster.

Rugby League is a far better game :)

:shaun: