Excitement stools !

Royboy

I've got a problem with my lab, I'm trying to do more lead walking round my village rather than driving to a field and just letting him off, I'm trying to keep him dry because the fields are so wet, my problem is is his stools, I'm the garden there fine but on a walk it's like porridge and there's no way I can pick it up ! Has anyone had this before ? Surely it can't be good for him either

I had the fun job of trying to clean up a diarrhoea mess in the middle of Bakewell curtessy of our Red Setter.

After I had run out of tissues and doggy bags I was luckily handed a bucket of soapy water by a lady from a local butchers with the comment it was nice that we were making the effort to try and clean up. I managed to swill the rest into the drain.

I carry these packs now just in case. We tried one out on a jug of water. It set it very well in minutes.

http://www.contain-er.co.uk/solidifi-er-absorbent-granules-for-blood-urine-vomit-all-body-fluids-cream-oil-water---10-g--1l-absorbency-1130-p.asp

I try not to excite him but it's the same all the time ! Ha

This morning was the same, good stool in the garden then half a mile down the road it starts pouring out of him ! A warm bottle of soapy water did the trick though this morning, no wonder he's so slim !

If its only lead walking it sounds more like your feeding him too much.

Mine all get a bit loose after they've done some exercise but it tends to be hunting rather than lead walking.

was thinking just that maybees too much food?

I was thinking maybe I was feeding him to much but I'm scared of undernourish him because he's extremely slim anyway. He's probably the slimmest lab I've seen but not Ribby if you know what I mean ?

sounds like mine too! he`s 33kg but looks slim.

I was thinking maybe I was feeding him to much but I'm scared of undernourish him because he's extremely slim anyway. He's probably the slimmest lab I've seen but not Ribby if you know what I mean ?

If he's not ribby he's not thin, how old is he?

If he's not ribby he's not thin, how old is he?

He's 18 months old, you can see rib if he's at certain angles but if hes stud straight you can't, at first the vet said he needed to put weight on then he changed his mind and said he's about right. I could do with another opinion really

Post a pic, my money would be on him being fine weight wise and your feeding him too much.

Some of them don't fill out until they're about 2 year old, and any attempt to feed them more to fill them out results in lots of mess!

Our pack does the same. I bit of decent exercise and they poo turn to porridge in no time.

Carry a bottle of water with one of those squirty tops (and moire bags).

On a similar note, when I go out on the motor bike and 'play hard' for a while, I have no problems releasing the hostages.

TMI?

Our pack does the same. I bit of decent exercise and they poo turn to porridge in no time.

Carry a bottle of water with one of those squirty tops (and moire bags).

On a similar note, when I go out on the motor bike and 'play hard' for a while, I have no problems releasing the hostages.

TMI?

Haha !

Had a similar issue recently with my springer and took some of that chalky type cat litter in a poop bag. Drop the litter on the runny stools, hand in the bag as usual and just sort of mix it together and grab. Bob's your mother's brother :good::lol:

Squirt of water to clean any further mess on paths is a good idea too.