How do you..... on Facebook

malkiserow

Account settings, notifications, email, then select the last option.

Should add there doesn't appear to be an option to turn them off completely but the last option of only being notified about account changes etc seems to be the best option for you.

It gives no problems if used correctly . Even my parents have it in their 60s to see my kiddies and work wise it's been a god send.

It does have it's uses but very easy to end up getting involved in the pointless aspects of people's lives you are not even interested in.

Took a big step back from it recently but not walked away as my grandson is in there.

some great groups on there that are great for sharing info and learning, i have my own group ( mushroom foraging uk) 9700+ members some very knowledgeable people who are great at helping newbies learn the basics i recently bought myself an fpv racing quadcopter and theres a group dedicated to the one i bought and the help i have got from that group is fantastic . some great shooting groups airguns shotguns etc etc etc instead of searching a persons name do a search of say pigeon shooting or airguns or even holiday destinations

Edited by holly

Ahh, twitface, the place where the scoundrels can locate exactly where pictures are taken (from the 'non-encoded' data which accompanies them), where the scoundrels can easily work out members' routines and often when they are away on holiday, where youngsters risk being 'groomed' by lowlife. Etc, etc, etc, etc.

Family photograhs can so easily be emailed to a family group of recipients, instead of potentially the whole world, so that is just a weak excuse.

Yes, just another supposedly invaluable, or even the only way, to keep in touch with family and friends - and how many thousands have fallen for the gaffe? But everyones choice, I suppose. OK until it all goes wrong for you.

All the advantages and none of the down-sides are out there extolling the virtues of it. I wonder why? To make more money out of more mugs, by any chance?

Better off being private with emails rather than public on titface, I reckon.