L200

THE MEK

The problems listed above apply to the pre 2006 (classic) the 2006 and newer (pram) are much better, my auto has done about 175k without major problems. The manuals can give better mpg, I get high 20's to low 30's without trying.

What problems have you had?

Does it cope well off road?

the problems listed are applicable to pre 2006 models, the harmonic balanced pulley can delaminate but it only causes noise from the alternator belt and is a £100 fix The head issues were around 2001 but most will have been done by now and you can buy new heads pretty cheaply if the worst comes to the worst.

I've had 3 now and had one with the head problem, the second had the crank pulley and the third which os on an 09 plate needed new rear springs at 70K personally I think they are an easy to live with relatively cheap motor. Slightly agricultural but come on its a truck, drive a defender then get in one and you will know the meaning of agricultural.

A mate has the auto and thats ok slightly lower economy than mine but still around 30mpg on all terrain tyres. Off road they will go most places that you should be going but obviously steep inclines you notice the rear overhang.

What problems have you had?

Does it cope well off road

Other than normal service stuff I changed the shocks and springs. I had a problem with the switch on the side of the auto box but that just needed a clean and repacking with grease which i don't think is too bad for a 175000 mile work horse.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 15 plate warrior manual . Quite agricultural compared to my last truck a navara teckna . I decided on the l200 as I got a super deal on it . The off road capability is better than the nav and better than the three land rovers that I had . The diff locks and traction control make it an awesome off roader and plenty comfortable for daily use. One really ,really stupid thing on the truck is the rear head rests ,they totally block any vision through the rear window ,I have had to take them out . Another quirk on the truck is that you can lower the rear screen electrically I have not yet used it and don't quite know what it would be used for . A very good truck but a little bit Unitarian for most . Mine is used for a shooting truck .

Harnser

I have a 15 plate warrior manual . Quite agricultural compared to my last truck a navara teckna . I decided on the l200 as I got a super deal on it . The off road capability is better than the nav and better than the three land rovers that I had . The diff locks and traction control make it an awesome off roader and plenty comfortable for daily use. One really ,really stupid thing on the truck is the rear head rests ,they totally block any vision through the rear window ,I have had to take them out . Another quirk on the truck is that you can lower the rear screen electrically I have not yet used it and don't quite know what it would be used for . A very good truck but a little bit Unitarian for most . Mine is used for a shooting truck .

Harnser

I used the one in my dads to yell at my dog when he was chewing something! :lol:

Harnser

I think people use them for long things that won't fit in canopy (long pieces of timber) that kind of thing.

I have a l200 warrior with mountain top the rear window comes in handy if you need to put timber or steel through into the cab......also I have fitted a 12v power supply on the inside behind seat....I have a steel shooting frame that drops in the bed and the lamp plugs inside.