Kirby Hoovers

Dbw1shrops

currys have a Meile C3 for £135, its built in Germany , guarantee'd for two years and sucks like crazy, you turn it down on carpets else it too hard to push

Cant belive any body would still be buying a Kirby

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-appliances/floorcare/vacuum-cleaners/miele-complete-c3-extreme-powerline-cylinder-vacuum-cleaner-black-10137121-pdt.html

Edited by bubble

Parents have had one for the past 25 odd years, not had anything done to it apart from the usual belt etc. Built like a absolute tank, unlikely to break and you can get all types of kits to run off it eg carpet cleaner, sander etc. If you'll need to carry it to hover the stairs etc then i'd consider something lighter. Having said that, I'm perfectly happy with my ebay £70 Vax and £1300 is a lot to spend on a vacuum especially as KIrby will try and extract the maximum ££££ from you for servicing and bits which are easy to do yourself.

If you have your mind set,I have one in the attic with the carpet cleaning kit that i'm sure I could persuade the Mrs to move on.

Edited by Livefast123

Can't believe I'm asking this but how does she rate the G Tec?

:shaun:

Brilliant she uses it every day for a quick run over the carpets and if she sees anything. My parents have one and like it so they bought the handheld to go with it.

I use the G-Tech to make sure no incriminating crumbs are left.

People keep saying about the price of Kirby cleaners being high.

Remind me how much you have spent on a bit of wood and two pipes and a trigger. Very basic engineering. Or a watch when a cheap Casio is more accurate, they all tell the time so why spend lots of money on one.

Dyson are most others are not built out of alloy have a drive motor with forward and reverse so you don't have to push with any effort.

As for five year warranty's we had a Hoover Pet with one and in the end they refused to honor it with two years still left.

Edited by figgy

We've got a g tech and it's pretty good. It can be quite harsh on your carpet as it did pull a thread up but other than that it's light and manoevreable, good pick up as it rips up your carpet :-) and the little bundles it makes of dust and carp it picks up is impressive. Got the hand held one aswell and that's pretty good.

Very pleased with my G Tech ..... Downside wish it incorporated the hand tool.

Well people after all your responses I have decided not to be part of the Kirby family thanks for all of your replies and links that made my mind up 👍 the reviews of this Hoover did not do it any justice, not a single good comment especially the after care so won't be wasting my hard earned.

Thanks

Atvb Dave

Well people after all your responses I have decided not to be part of the Kirby family thanks for all of your replies and links that made my mind up the reviews of this Hoover did not do it any justice, not a single good comment especially the after care so won't be wasting my hard earned.

Thanks

Atvb Dave

And that's the right decision....

I did not realise that Kirby were still going!

Look at it this way, how many Dysons can you buy for the cost of one Kirby? Dyson are £300, so say 4 Dysons for one Kirby! Dysons last pretty well and when they break it is usually a belt. Buy a Dyson and get a flaming good gun with the change!

We had a dyson and it was a pile of poo , worst vacume we have ever owned. Now go a cheap one from Asda for £50 that sucks better and has lasted a hell of a lot longer than the Dyson.

We had a Henry which are bullet proof, missus wanted something with rotary brush so bought a Dyson Animal, that's to go with the handheld Dyson we already had. So then we had three hoovers!

Last September I bought some raffle tickets for a charity and won a Vax cordless upright making it four hovers.

Ironically we moved into a new (to us) house in November and it has a built in vacuume system with hose points around the whole house, so other than the trusted Henry which I use for the cars, none of the others get a look in.

Don't think I'll be needing a Hoover for a while :) though if I do get the urge I may go Thailand on recommendation from here.

Edited by Cosd

My parents bought 1 in the early 90's..it was ok.had lots of attachments that they didn't really use...id say they were designed for larger houses,you know the sort,miniature stately home types where you have a lot of open space,completely impracticle in a 'normal' house.far to big and clumsy....the demos were very convincing,the salt on the floor test.hoovering the mattress etc..mi dad he wished he hadn't bought it..went through belts like no-bodies business..think it was the heritage model..

Edited by smig4373