Eu Polls

ElvisThePelvis

Lot of the young ones won't vote at all, no matter what the weather. All the ones I speak to just say "wot for, wo change anyfin", then they go and collect their benefits for them and their ten kids.

What they really mean is they don't want anything to change, quite happy dossing around while we pay them.

A lot of all the people will not vote full stop.

Edited by oowee

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of all the people will not vote full stop.

Which is a huge shame. If you believe in something, have a say. Otherwise you have no right to complain if things do not go your way. The same with general elections really. It is a huge shame people do not take the time to vote because they think they will not make a difference. By abstaining they make sure they will not...

It is a huge shame people do not take the time to vote because they think they will not make a difference. By abstaining they make sure they will not...

Well the truth is that our voting system means that in many cases your vote won`t make any difference. I live in a Labour heartland where a donkey with a red ribbon round it`s neck would win an election, voting anything else is simply a worthless protest. You only have to look at the recent General Election where despite polling huge numbers UKIP only managed to win one seat whilst the SNP with considerably smaller numbers won virtually every seat in Scotland. Unless you live in a marginal seat then most votes are irrelevent.

The Referendum is of course a different case but if apathy from pro-european youngsters means we win an out vote then I`m all for it.

Which is a huge shame. If you believe in something, have a say. Otherwise you have no right to complain if things do not go your way. The same with general elections really. It is a huge shame people do not take the time to vote because they think they will not make a difference. By abstaining they make sure they will not...

Too true. My wife who pays more tax in a year than some will pay in a life time does not get a vote :no:. She is a Slovak national and only gets to vote in the locals.

The comments are so true I have wasted votes in the past this time I will vote NO not sure its right or wrong but I think we have to give it a go. The current systems are not working so change is the only way! I have two young daughters and I really don't want them stuck in a country that is failing on every level it's a real shame that the 18-25 group have little or no interest in the way there country is run most can't even make the connection between politics and there daily lives if I was employed as an m.p I would feel I had failed when half of the population of the country don't even know how the work I do effects them. it a sorry state of affairs and that's why im voting NO.......

I have two young daughters and I really don't want them stuck in a country that is failing on every level

I think anyone with daughters/grand-daughters should be worried about the consequences of staying in the EU, especially if they live in certain areas.

They were interviewing people in the street on breakfast TV. What a lot of haven't got a clue idiots! Its frightening. If they had strong views I could respect that even if I disagreed but a lot of it was drivel.

Yes I find the level of awareness as to what the vote is about is really annoying. I've even heard people say "well I like Europeans, I'm voting in" :no:

The EU is a failed experiment in its current form. It is time to press the reset button. If we left it would do the EU massive damage (which is all the Yanks and others are concerned about, NOT the UK) so a get out vote may well lead to meaningful concessions from Brussels in our favour and a revote. This has happened before. I'm for a reset and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cameron knows just how many people will vote for one. Hence his frenzied efforts.

please elaborate.

I think you may find the poster is referring to certain areas being awash with immigrant males with a different outlook on females to the indigenous population. If you lived in one of those areas you wouldn't have had to ask.

I think you may find the poster is referring to certain areas being awash with immigrant males with a different outlook on females to the indigenous population. If you lived in one of those areas you wouldn't have had to ask.

When you refer to 'male immigrants', do you mean EU nationals? If not, what does that have to do with the issue?

Edited by Psyxologos

Had dinner with a couple the other night one of whom is a young doctor in the NHS and firmly looking to vote out!

The only people I've even heard say they want to vote In are some other students on my social work course

One stated he likes to be able to travel and another "why shouldn't anyone be able to come here?"

A bit idealistic if you ask me, although I find that a lot in social work! A lot of the students said they didn't really know anything about politics in general, let alone our dealings with the EU!

Was talking to a mate on Thurs and asked him how he was voting. He said he was undecided but slightly edging towards staying in. He`s a truck driver and although he doesn`t do much driving on the continent these days he remembers the days of passing through multiple borders and the hassles that came with it. I pointed out that Schengen is on the point of collapse anyway and he had to agree with me. So hopefully if that was all that was pushing him towards staying in I might have persuaded him to change his mind.

When you refer to 'male immigrants', do you mean EU nationals? If not, what does that have to do with the issue?

The very fact you have to ask means you're immune to the problem. If you vote "In" then I thank you now for the problems you'll be causing my children, and their future children, you must be a really caring person !

I think anyone with daughters/grand-daughters should be worried about the consequences of staying in the EU, especially if they live in certain areas.

It's the main reason I'm voting out, for the next generation, sorry but I can't see anything other than conflict in a future if we stay in the EU, maybe even armed conflict and this is without the migrant problem, wait until the economic migrants from the middle east countries really get over here in numbers they are seeing in the low countries and you won't meet a single person admitting to voting stay.

70:30 I reckon with the 70% wanting to remain.

I am an outer but hold out little hope.

I fear you are right.. I so want out of Europe made a point of registering online to make sure i get to vote, can not remember doing that ever. But we will still be in i am sure of that.