AA TX200 HC or a Weihrauch HW97K ?

Lloyd90

Looking at some under lever air rifles for a bit of pest control etc.

Now I know these two are similar ish rifles, from new the HW is £70-100 cheaper though.

Is there a big difference ?

both fine guns I myself have a Sandwell tuned HW97, only because I have trouble with my fingers and the loading port on the HW is bigger and easy to load.

The AA comes with a much better set of internals and a better external finish, which probably accounts for the higher price, but the loading port is very small so as already mentioned, it is not the easiest rifle to load, especially if you have a long scope. I have a HW97K, and it is a superb rifle. They are both heavy, accurate rifles, so whichever one you choose, you probably won't be disappointed. :)

Small loading port? Christ on a bike you only need to get a pellet and 2 fingers in there - pretty sure I could put my face in the TX that I had and spit the pellet into the breach (and I have an enormous proboscis).....best thing to do is try them both then buy whichever you find is best - then put the HW back in the rack and pay for your new AA.

I know they're accurate and also my late great uncle had one when he lived with us and taught me to shoot/got me into shooting.

We used to spend all day sat out the back shooting targets, tin cans, clothes pegs, in the end when it was too dark we would light small candles and shoot out the flame without hitting the candle.

I practiced for hours daily and it was a great time.

When he went home he was burgled and someone stole the rifle 😞.

I was only a kid but remember it was under lever and he used to tell me it was the best, and won many competitions. For a long time I assumed it was the HW97 but recently seeing the AA I am unsure of which exact one it would have been.

Flame off a candle?...TX200. If you had said hitting the flame on a bonfire then most likely the HW :whistling:

:lol::lol: ... the only thing is I can't remember the loading port being to to side, I'm unsure but think it was central, like on the HW :whistling:

I use a HW 97 to good effect , I chose that because the TX200 is **** .

Just trying to give a balanced opinion :rolleyes:

I really am unsure now which one it is :lol: Or even which one to get :|

:lol::lol: ... the only thing is I can't remember the loading port being to to side, I'm unsure but think it was central, like on the HW :whistling:

I really am unsure now which one it is :lol: Or even which one to get :|

Truth is they will both out shoot you so just go for the one that you like the look / feel of the most .

Also do not rule out the HW80 and 95 both great guns as is the pro sport .

I agree with Fenboy. I use a 26 year old HW80k in .22, it's just come back from Tony at SFS and is a totally different rifle than it used to be. Very smooth and accurate. It used to have a massive "Doing" when fired and a lot of almost uncontrollable recoil.

I have owned a Prosport and now own a HW77k witha stage 2 tune by Sandwell Field Sports. My brother owned a TX HC. Personally i did'nt like the TX because of the bear trap button on the side. I much prefered the Prosport. Easier to load and generally a better looking rifle IMO. However i'm not knocking the TX because it is a good well made rifle witha strong following.

Initially the new 77k didnt compare too well to the Prosport out of the box. Aftyer 4 tins of pellets it was sent to Tony Wall at Sandwell . That was when the rifle became better than my Prosport was. Smoother and Tony also tuned the already excellent Rekord trigger. Results still amazing in all honesty.

Like a couple of people have sais though you really need to have a look at both rifles and go with what feels right for you. Whichever you choose you won't be disappointed.

I second the opinion that you don't need a silencer on a springer either. My 77k is'nt particularly loud at all. Hope this helps

ATB,

Pat

If your buying new the AA wins hands down

HW build quality of recent years is **** basically ..... Everyone spends money getting them tuned up to how they should be in the first place .

I've owed every HW model going and sold them all

Only use the latest AA prosport now .... Quiet ,low recoil and accurate as a PCP straight out the box