Car aerial , temporary fix.

Cranfield

I tried a coat hanger, but the diameter of the hole left by the aerial is too large for the hanger wire to fit snugly, I have tried blue tack and insulation tape, but nothing makes it a firm fit.

As it is, I doubt I would go a few miles and it would fall/blow out.

I will try again doubling the wire at the hook end and see if that makes a tighter fit.

Thanks for the comments.

I tried a coat hanger, but the diameter of the hole left by the aerial is too large for the hanger wire to fit snugly, I have tried blue tack and insulation tape, but nothing makes it a firm fit.

As it is, I doubt I would go a few miles and it would fall/blow out.

I will try again doubling the wire at the hook end and see if that makes a tighter fit.

Thanks for the comments.

Sure you dont come from norfolk....we will make a engineer of you yet.....get yer knife out and cut a twig out of the hedge and whittle it down to a thin wedge and jam it in with the coathanger..should last at least a couple of years like that.....

Well, the rerun seems to have worked very well and I didn't realise how therapeutic whittling can be.

It all seems so obvious as to be slightly embarrassing. :blush:

Its always been a 2+ hour job at the garage (I have done this a few times before), so the labour alone is over £100.

I have a Toyota Surf and apparently the access is difficult.

Well, the rerun seems to have worked very well and I didn't realise how therapeutic whittling can be.

It all seems so obvious as to be slightly embarrassing. :blush:

Its always been a 2+ hour job at the garage (I have done this a few times before), so the labour alone is over £100.

I have a Toyota Surf and apparently the access is difficult.

hello, well done :good:

I would have said all that you need to do is bend a small hump in the part that you are putting in the hole and push it in it should bend to fit like if you put your finger into a pipe you can pull it out but if you bend your finger it will be stuck much like the people who do rock climbing do put there hand in a crack in the rock and bend there fingers it hurts your hand but it works.