Cheerio Scotland!

ElvisThePelvis

Survival is one thing...........prosper is another! how much does "tax increased substantially" work out at?........Financial suicide comes to mind! And for what?.......To try to get one over on the auld enemy?

I don't disagree. Ultimately Scotland would do ok, but there would be a period of an awful lot of very painful change.

In answer to the tax question, I don't have a clue what the actual number is. For a noddy answer we have a £14bn deficit currently, so i guess multiply that out amongst 4m tax payers or so, a nifty £3,500 per head thereabouts.

As for why, some people it is an identity thing and have a romantic notion, some are jingoist numpties and others are plain stupid 😀

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well no-one's upped sticks yet :lol: Nor will they unless it was already planned no matter whether in the eu or out. Let's see how many go shall we. I like the way Tata steel said they may go :hmm: Seeing as though they're bankrupt and closed anyway :lol: :lol:

I missed that about Tata the dust has hardly settled. Just read it and its not Tata its the buyers of the steel works questioning if the deal will be viable outside of the EU together with the loss of Cameron's support.

:good:

One thing to bear in mind though , I deal with a Scottish company (Glasgow) with probably a hundred staff, and when the last referendum was looming they had already located premises just south of the border. Everything was in place to up sticks and move if Scotland went independent, within days.

The MD reckoned there were quite a few companies he dealt with that were thinking / actioning the same plan. Would this affect Scotland's planned finances? Did they know so many were thinking the same?

Rod, i have no idea. Like the Brexit thing there are lots of people saying they will do this or that and some will and some wont.

I hope we never find out.

I don't disagree. Ultimately Scotland would do ok, but there would be a period of an awful lot of very painful change.

In answer to the tax question, I don't have a clue what the actual number is. For a noddy answer we have a £14bn deficit currently, so i guess multiply that out amongst 4m tax payers or so, a nifty £3,500 per head thereabouts.

As for why, some people it is an identity thing and have a romantic notion, some are jingoist numpties and others are plain stupid

Nail/head interface!

As for why, some people it is an identity thing and have a romantic notion, some are jingoist numpties and others are plain stupid

So why the strong vote for remain? Is it to push for an independence vote?

I missed that about Tata the dust has hardly settled. Just read it and its not Tata its the buyers of the steel works questioning if the deal will be viable outside of the EU together with the loss of Cameron's support.

The article I read was from Tata, so just goes to show it was an empty threat then.

Rod, i have no idea. Like the Brexit thing there are lots of people saying they will do this or that and some will and some wont.

I hope we never find out.

I too hope we never find out, I've grown up to Scotland and Ireland being part of us, I just associate us all together being one country. If I speak to a Scott or an Irishman I feel no different to speaking to a local, I just accept him as British.

So why the strong vote for remain? Is it to push for an independence vote?

In themajority Inwould say no, rememember that in Scotland all the mainstream parties campaigned strongly to remain.

For all her ills Sturgeon is very popular and seen as credible, likewise Ruth and Kezia.

Ruth's performance in the Great Debate on BBC was very strong and that has been the sort of thing that has gone on in Scotland all through the campaign.

All the print media were pushing the same agenda too. Neither Farage not Boris have the same level of appeal up here.

Although 62% to remain the actual voter number was less than those who voted Yes.

I too hope we never find out, I've grown up to Scotland and Ireland being part of us, I just associate us all together being one country. If I speak to a Scott or an Irishman I feel no different to speaking to a local, I just accept him as British.

Likewise Rod, i enjoy the banter and rivalry, like I do between the east & west of Scotland, but ultimately we are all British and Britain really is Great 😀

Rodp, to answer your question could Scotland survive if it went independent right now, even with low oil price?

The answer is yes, of course we could, however not with the current budget unless tax increased substantially.

So yes we could survive with less public expenditure.

Of course so many believe they would get something for nothing so it might come as a bit of a duller

Sorry mate what planet are you living on it will be difficult for companies in the Uk for a few years as it is coming out of the EU you lot coming out of the Union at the same time you would not be able to survive you would have to start paying prescription charges, no grants from the EU, benefits would have to be reduced massively.Monday morning I would be saying to the Scottish Numpty Party right what date would you like your referendum pick a date, any date,You will pay for it all if you say no and decide you are going to stay you will get exactly the same money per head of population that the rest of the country get and no more independence referendums ever.Holyrood house is demolished and Westminster rules ok if you don't like it vote to leave you can use the euro with out being in it.

Sorry mate what planet are you living on it will be difficult for companies in the Uk for a few years as it is coming out of the EU you lot coming out of the Union at the same time you would not be able to survive you would have to start paying prescription charges, no grants from the EU, benefits would have to be reduced massively.Monday morning I would be saying to the Scottish Numpty Party right what date would you like your referendum pick a date, any date,You will pay for it all if you say no and decide you are going to stay you will get exactly the same money per head of population that the rest of the country get and no more independence referendums ever.Holyrood house is demolished and Westminster rules ok if you don't like it vote to leave you can use the euro with out being in it.

Of course Scotland would survive, but I said it would be at the expense of lots of change, either a reduction in the national budget or lumping on of taxes.

I'm fed up to the back teeth with Sturgeon. Again she criticises Westminster.

If I had one wish she can take her country back in to that ant's nest called the European Parliament.

In the meantime I will boycott anything to do with Scotland. No tourism, no Scottish goods including no whisky !

Just think about it, nasty horrible woman.

If I had one wish she can take her country back in to that ant's nest called the European Parliament.

In the meantime I will boycott anything to do with Scotland. No tourism, no Scottish goods including no whisky !

Hmmm you're not normally quite so reactive.

Yes she is a detestable person, but why cut your nose to spite your face? She doesn't care what you think so why waste the emotion.

Apparently she doesn't care what 55% of the Scottish electorate think either :no:

Edited by grrclark

Just think about it, nasty horrible woman. [/size]

The vindictiveness and bitterness on PW never ceases to amaze me.

The vindictiveness and bitterness on PW never ceases to amaze me.

Open your eyes and ears man. This woman thinks she can trample all over us and take the ****. She has got it coming to her.

One day Scotland will get rid of her and hopefully go back to a sensible Labour leadership. She is too big for her boots.

Hmmm you're not normally quite so reactive.

Yes she is a detestable person, but why cut your nose to spite your face? She doesn't care what you think so why waste the emotion.

Apparently she doesn't care what 55% of the Scottish electorate think either :no:

Hopefully she might join PW and give me a barrage, i'm up for it that I promise you.

Detestable individuals should not be in a position of leadership.

Open your eyes and ears man. This woman thinks she can trample all over us and take the ****. She has got it coming to her.

One day Scotland will get rid of her and hopefully go back to a sensible Labour leadership. She is too big for her boots.

I see where ur coming from but she is doing no different to wot farage has done for 32 years.

Farage has pretty much spent his whole political life fighting against europe, is it really any different?? Just ur on the other side.

As i've said before his 1st interview on thurs nite when he was expecting to lose narrowly he said he'd fight on and would eventually win the war.

Its no different, he would of been ignoring the majority.

If u voted to leave it does not make u anti europe or a racist but seemingly voting for scottish independence makes me anti english or racist!

Many in scotland don't class themselves as British, just the same as u probably don't count urself as european. It really is no big deal

So voting for independence is more an anti westminster vote than anti english or anything else

Scotland could thrive on its own with or without oil, but sadly the SNP nutjobs are not capable of doing it

There is no need to be so bitter about Scotland.

You are not the only one fed up with Sturgeon & the SNP.

Anyway I dont think your personal boycott will make a bit of a difference so boycott on

There is no need to be so bitter about Scotland.

You are not the only one fed up with Sturgeon & the SNP.

Anyway I dont think your personal boycott will make a bit of a difference so boycott on

With respect I think I can say how I feel. Change your leader before it is to late. If I had anything to do with it "Westminster" wouldn't give Scotland one pound.

All your free perscriptions and university fees etc. will be challenged more than ever now.

I see where ur coming from but she is doing no different to wot farage has done for 32 years.

Farage has pretty much spent his whole political life fighting against europe, is it really any different?? Just ur on the other side.

As i've said before his 1st interview on thurs nite when he was expecting to lose narrowly he said he'd fight on and would eventually win the war.

Its no different, he would of been ignoring the majority.

If u voted to leave it does not make u anti europe or a racist but seemingly voting for scottish independence makes me anti english or racist!

Many in scotland don't class themselves as British, just the same as u probably don't count urself as european. It really is no big deal

So voting for independence is more an anti westminster vote than anti english or anything else

Scotland could thrive on its own with or without oil, but sadly the SNP nutjobs are not capable of doing it

Farage is a man I have huge respect for. He has rattled the cage of politics all for the greater good.

Sorry, I had difficulty in understanding your point of view.

Historically us English have raped an pillaged the assets of Scotland and make no mistake we will do so again. Best you sign up to Brussels before it's too late.