MOTOR INSURANCE WOES OR ??????? move or try a get a better deal.

oldypigeonpopper

hello, well it is that time of year when my motor insurance is due for renewal, said paper work arrived in post and lo and behold quite a rise in the 2016/17 premium so as i have never claimed got on the phone to see if i could get a better deal rather than go on one of those check it web sites ( if you dont ask you dont get), i will point out only do about 5,000 miles per year sometimes much less, anyway after a short pause mr hastings direct gave a £38 deduction so that was a result, well sort of :lol:

I punt all of our Insurances around when they come up for renewal, I have never yet paid the renewal premium requested and I frequently end up with another Insurance Company, paying less premium that I paid the previous year.

Enough people automatically pay the renewal premium proposed without querying it, so it makes it worthwhile for the Insurers to quote those higher numbers.

hello, well it is that time of year when my motor insurance is due for renewal, said paper work arrived in post and lo and behold quite a rise in the 2016/17 premium so as i have never claimed got on the phone to see if i could get a better deal rather than go on one of those check it web sites ( if you dont ask you dont get), i will point out only do about 5,000 miles per year sometimes much less, anyway after a short pause mr hastings direct gave a £38 deduction so that was a result, well sort of :lol:

hello, i shall be looking to do this every year as have found this company good service and UK call centre £38 might not seem a lot of money but will pay for some more RWS subs when required.

My renewal doubled, no claims, no change i circumstances etc. I ended up going elsewhere and insuring 2 bikes for less than half the renewal quote ! Then got a call off original broker (Bennetts) asking what could they do to keep my business.............. errr !

every couple of years i have to do this............SAGA increased their price from £110.00 to £197.00..........phoned them and told them to keep it the same or im off...they came out with a load of old squit.....20 mins later i was with another well known company ...same but better deal...£98.00.........................

• 2 weeks later...

every couple of years i have to do this............SAGA increased their price from £110.00 to £197.00..........phoned them and told them to keep it the same or im off...they came out with a load of old squit.....20 mins later i was with another well known company ...same but better deal...£98.00.........................

Is it really £98 for a mobility scooter these days :lol::lol:

Got my renewal quote £445 so told them were to shove it no claims. For 15 years went on compare web site got same cover with same company for £275 so rang them up to ask why they.Couldn't give me a answer I've been with them for 10 years never bothers checking renewal told them no thanks got a better deal they rang me at least 5 times asking why I've changed companies just goes to show how we are getting ripped off