why

neilp

why is it on some forums as soon as you call some one a mod they go power mad ? :good:

they remind me of the film judge dred ..... you know sivester stelone ..... I AM THE LAW... :good::/ surly this and other forums are for us to swop info . I think the mods on here are on the same level as a fox waiting to pinche a chicken sly and nowt better to do . HOW MANY TIMES DO THE MODS HELP COMPARED TO THE TIMES THEY BAN OR CHASTICE PEOPLE.sorry thats me rant bet its of in ten :/:/

well i should recomend that you PM a mod and ask for a refund on your 20 posts as you have clearly been ripped off. What do we pay these mods for anyway! Just cant get the staff these days!

Indeed.

You gotta laugh though - you can never tell who is posting what these days. Plenty go under assumed identities normally when:

1. an account gets banned or

2. when the boot needs to be put in on a topic because no other genuine support is forthcoming or

3. when there is some item of tat for sale and some fictional interest is required to make the item look genuine

The other thing is no one does Mod bashing (not in the rocker sense) with any humour - it's all "the Mods are power crazed" [insert rude word here].

Yep, am still well bored of this topic though.

well i should recomend that you PM a mod and ask for a refund on your 20 posts as you have clearly been ripped off. What do we pay these mods for anyway! Just cant get the staff these days!

Indeed.

You gotta laugh though - you can never tell who is posting what these days. Plenty go under assumed identities normally when:

2. when the boot needs to be put in on a topic because no other genuine support is forthcoming or

3. when there is some item of tat for sale and some fictional interest is required to make the item look genuine

The other thing is no one does Mod bashing (not in the rocker sense) with any humour - it's all "the Mods are power crazed" [insert rude word here].

its easy to tell just check there I.P address , and also if you ban an I.p address they will not be able to get on again using that computer .. We get it all the time on a car forum im on they get banned and re sign back up so we just ban the ip

its easy to tell just check there I.P address , and also if you ban an I.p address they will not be able to get on again using that computer .. We get it all the time on a car forum im on they get banned and re sign back up so we just ban the ip

err, an IP address is changable, you can select a default IP or random IP, only banning the MAC code will ensure they dont use the same PC again :good:

Erm, utter rubbish.

The IP you use is assigned to you by your ISP. It might be fixed, or change each time you connect.

Your "MAC code", I assume you mean MAC address, isn't part of the information your computer provides to pigeonwatch, or any other website, for that matter.

If the person connects from a service with static IP then they will probably stay banned until they can somehow change IP, perhaps requesting this, perhaps changing ISP or if they know what they are doing some more nefarious method :good:

If the person connects via a dynamic IP service, i.e the IP is assigned from a pool of addresses upon connection to the net, or changes when the lease on the IP given by the ISP DHCP server via RADIUS expires - then they might stand a randomly good chance of evading a simple IP ban.

If you know what you are doing you can tell who is who quite easily :good:

why is it on some forums as soon as you call some one a mod they go power mad ? :good:

they remind me of the film judge dred ..... you know sivester stelone ..... I AM THE LAW... :/:/ surly this and other forums are for us to swop info . I think the mods on here are on the same level as a fox waiting to pinche a chicken sly and nowt better to do . HOW MANY TIMES DO THE MODS HELP COMPARED TO THE TIMES THEY BAN OR CHASTICE PEOPLE.sorry thats me rant bet its of in ten :/???

No I think its been left on by the mods to show everyone how silly you are :good:

desperado

Erm, utter rubbish.

The IP you use is assigned to you by your ISP. It might be fixed, or change each time you connect.

Your "MAC code", I assume you mean MAC address, isn't part of the information your computer provides to pigeonwatch, or any other website, for that matter.

If the person connects from a service with static IP then they will probably stay banned until they can somehow change IP, perhaps requesting this, perhaps changing ISP or if they know what they are doing some more nefarious method :good:

If the person connects via a dynamic IP service, i.e the IP is assigned from a pool of addresses upon connection to the net, or changes when the lease on the IP given by the ISP DHCP server via RADIUS expires - then they might stand a randomly good chance of evading a simple IP ban.

If you know what you are doing you can tell who is who quite easily :yahoo:

PIN you are either a genius or a proper geek, I can't decide but you seem to know your stuff.

Do you talk in Binary? :yahoo:

01101000011011010110110100100000011100000110100101100111011001010110111101101110

01000000111011101100001011101000110001101101000001000000111001001110101011011000

10010101110011001000000110000101101110011001000010000001111001011011110111010100

00000011011010111010101110011011101000010000001100010011001010010000001110110011

Good old converters :good:

PIN you are either a genius or a proper geek, I can't decide but you seem to know your stuff.

Do you talk in Binary? :yahoo:

I am no genius mate, but I do work in the IT/ICT field and have done for some time. When it comes to certain areas I know my stuff.

No I don't talk in binary :good:

Do you talk in Binary? ;)

I am no genius mate, but I do work in the IT/ICT field and have done for some time. When it comes to certain areas I know my stuff.

No I don't talk in binary :good:

Nah he talks in Geordie...

Cant oonderstund a wad :yahoo::yahoo::good:

Indeed.

anybody want to buy a petrol strimmer nearly new.

ideal for rabbit runs

err, an IP address is changable, you can select a default IP or random IP, only banning the MAC code will ensure they dont use the same PC again :good:

Shaun I think you are getting confuserd with internal IP addys for networks like your (probably) existing wired/less network at home. On that the IP address and subnet can be changed. Also, you can then ban a MAC address to stop someone accessing the network.

Unfortunately, the internet has an IP for your internet conection provided from your ISP, this can be blocked and traced by running a trace program. As pin described changing "external" IP addresses is very hard.

Hope that clears it up,

Dan