Breathable chest waders

Graeme1

I tried most over the years neoprenes i gave up on them, Breatheables were variable in practicality, i had the best service from plain jane greys G series breathables, about a hundred quid i still have a pair but not seen any advertised recently might have stopped producing them.

The Greys G series were stopped about 4 years ago they were replaced by the CT series, and these are not regarded as being as good as the G series ones.

The Sieirra CC3 are probably not as good as the Greys, but they come in a nice mud brown colour :good:

Mine are still ok about 6 seasons now hard use, and i use them for fishingtoo. nothing as survived the test like they have before.

Ill try the ones you use next time i have no option by the sounds of it. Thank you.

Got a pair of Lacrosse, neoprene, 1000 Thinsulate boot foot waist waders, had em fo six/seven seasons, cut the boot last season with a spade but repaired the tear with superglue and Aquasure........later stood in a gully in 6" of water for a couple or three hours....guess what? dry feet! when they finally give up I will try and get the same again! Brilliant bit of kit!

You are best trying them on, the CC3 bootfoots wader have a weird sizing system they are sold as size 6/7 ,7.5/8 , 9/10- and so on i am a size 7 foot but my son is size 9 and he can wear them and i know someone who is size 14 and he fitted the size 11/12 ones.........so check them for size before you buy

I have a pair of greys neoprene which have lasted 12 seasons this will be there last me thinks they are starting to perish but had my moneys worth and will be getting the same again,they even have all studs in the soles!!

I've had waders from Napier and Craig of Renfrewshire for a number of years. they are not a well known company and sell through dealers. They don't even have a website. These are what I would call the old fashioned style, not neoprene or breathable but like the ocean waders.

my first pair had no sign of wear after 2 years until i had a mishap with a barbed wire fence..... i phone the company as i was now 200 miles from the shop i had originally bought from. i wanted another set as i have wide feet and not being exactly slim, have problems getting waders wide enough.

Brilliant, they would send out a set after i had told them where i had bought the original ones.... they wanted to know so they could send the shop the profit they would have made!!!

5 years on and I've avoided barbed wire, but the mice had got to them over the close season.... maybe should have put them away properly. another phone call and Lyndsay remembered me! £75 inc vat and post and the profit to the same tackle shop in Dumfries!

'kin good service, reasonable price, good quality goods and morals.... who could ask for more?