Kell Brook v Gennady Golovkin (Spoiler Alert)

Gordon R

I like Kell Brook and believe that, at his former weight, he is genuinely world class. I honestly think he would hammer Amir Khan into retirement - that is if Khan is still fighting. However, Golovkin is something else. A genuinely great boxer with a devastating punch. I have never really seen him hit hard enough for his chin to be put to the ultimate test, but it looks strong enough.

Part of me wants Brook to win, but part of me wants to keep Golovkin's record intact.

Brook looks strong at the higher weight, but does anyone think he can win?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though golovkin has a baby face you can see by his face structure that he can take a punch if that makes sense. I think the only way brook can win is on points and he's gonna have to put on the performance of his life plus 100%. He will need to box perfectly for 12 rounds and keep him at distance. No room for even one error.

Edited by winnie&bezza

Golovkin's not had to go a full 12 rounds yet and he's only gone past 10 once, but hoping he'll fade is probably wishful thinking. I think it'll be a good fight, but for Brook to win, Golovkin's going to have to make a few mistakes.

Fair play to Brook for taking the fight, if the other wannabes don't step up to take him on, they'll never get the respect they think the deserve. Age isn't on Golovkin's side and it won't be long before he retires - perhaps undefeated - and then Kahn et al. will have missed the chance to actually do something with their careers, not just prance about claiming to be better than they are.

Never rated Brook and his resumes reads very poorly,but the same can be said regarding GGG.

However,GGGs amateur record is astounding and considering he fights 2 weights above Brook and knocks them all out i give him zero chance except for injury.

GGG cuts off the ring second to none and i dont see how Brook plans on going into the fight.Fight fire with fire and he gets iced sharpish and hes not got the skills to beat him off the back foot imo.GGG is easy enough to hit but has a granite chin that a blown up Welter shouldnt put a dent in.

Will go for GGG inside 6 but with boxing you never know.

another Hearn mismatch for money,,

what will be next,, ok brook is unbeaten but he is moving up too far against a devastating puncher,

GGG in the later rounds but I certainly cant see it going the distance as GGG punches like a light-heavy, he does take a few shots though so I,m really looking forward to watching the fight,

result = GGG by stoppage in the latter rounds

Good luck to brook but he didn't knock out shawn porter so he won't knock out ggg the only way he can win is on points in my opinion that means he got to avoid a big shot for twelve rounds sooner or later ggg will connect and that will be it.

I could see him starting strongly like Khan and getting a few rounds early though . I have criticised him for his poor resume so fair play but Hearn done him up a kipper here .

Would like to be proved wrong

To Answer the OP Question...IMO NO.! Its another Mismatch and I think we all know whats going on here. Brook will loss his "O" and will be another Notch on Golovkins Good Boy List.

In saying that If Brook somehow "Miraculously" manages to be still there after 12 and it goes to the judges scorecards then he has every chance of getting the decision going by Some of the Scorcards of Recent Fights' which left me shaking my head in disbelief.

Truth be told' I would be more excited about the fight had it been Eubank jr. I'm Not a fan' In fact I cant stand him' but I cant deny that he is a an excellant Boxer who is improving fight by Fight,is a genuine MW and has power and speed to boot. I still think GGG would smash him but it would be a more competitive fight than the one that is about to take place.

I really wish I was able to have got over to this fight and Im Sure the UK fans will make themselves heard and create an electrifying Atmosphere.

London make some Noise.!!AND NOW, For the Thousands in attendance'And the The Millions Watching Around the world on SSBO'PPV,Ladies and Gentlemen From the O2 arena' London' England' LLLLLLL'et'ssss get Read'ddy to RUMMMBLE..LOL

At least It cant be watched at a civilised Hour' without staying up half the Night.

I find the Story about Michael and Bruce Buffer "The UfC Announcer" interesting' Considering they are half brothers and did not know this until later in Life. They Certainly have a great set of Lungs and Unique Voices for thhe Job and they Certainly get the blood pumping before the fights. Roll on Saturday Night. :yes:

When Michael Buffer and Jimmy Lennon first hit our screens it was a bit of a revelation. It took some time before our own announcers tried to imitate them - without much success. :whistling::whistling::lol:

For sure,very hard to compare Buffer/Lennon to Stewpot from Grange Hill.

Edited by sako751sg

Weigh in over and both came in well under the 160lb limit.

GGG 158.9lb

Brook 159.4lb

Interesting to see Brook outweighing GGG considering his usual is 147lb and you would think he wouldnt be near as mobile or fast as he was at WW.

Rumours of GGG being unwell floating about and he does seem uninterested and a wee bit pale so im going for him to get it over early.

Didnt even stay to give an interview and went straight back to the hotel and left his trainer Abel Sanchez to give one instead.Def not his usual self and looked ****** off with the crowd for all the booing.

KO in 3-4.

Edited by sako751sg