Treat me gently....

ditchman

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well took it apart again....and worked the trigger...it is nearly on its lightest setting now.....soo...there is some take up...then hold aannnd think it off...nice light touch with the tip of your finger....see how that goes...................should get the "match pellets " tomorrow.....

for "a twanger" it dont half go...................

Right im ...."ditchy the squirrel killer " now.............waiting for a new picture programme to be installed as this one is utter rubbish....cant use the old one as the new operating system wont rekonise it ...(out of date)

out with the shotgun is one thing....just lean it on the seat....the air rifle is different...however you want to lay it ..it always wants to rest on the scope...so i made this system up from the tool holder behing the seat and a few bits of conveyor belt rubber....

post-11401-0-81971700-1474570546_thumb.jpg

Edited by ditchman

managed to get this pic programm to work proper now...............i get the conveyor belting from the factory over the road.............

ive never concidered rubber as a fetish...but looking at those pics ...i must say it has stimulated a slight alure...... :whistling:

Wow this thread veered into the bizarre...

Someone who thinks a scope will hold its zero while being rattled in a Defender!

it has done...it is secured well and if it dosnt it aint fit for purpose...i have travelled thousands of miles in the bush over 20 years in africa with scoped and unscoped rifles in seris and defenders....never have a problem ...always put meat on the table....it is a hunting rifle not a bench rested £2000 quid target scope ...with wheelie thingies on it..........that prefers to be packed in foam in a seperate carry case...that i can understand as they are a sensitive presision instrument something of which i have no knowledge........

on the by....i have removed this scope once zeroed and refitted it 3 times and is still on point of aim...and had no need to be adjusted....good mounts and rails....

Edited by ditchman

went out to test again.....1" group @10metres.......1" group @ 25metres (no holdover)...and 2" group @ 40metre 2 dot holdover.....so everything should tighten up a bit more with practice ..and i still await the target pellets which i ordered but havnt arrived yet.....................

ditchman,,,,,

why on earth do you keep replying to yourself ???

this thread has gone stupid, started off ok but needs locking now as the op has lost the plot and is replying to himself ,,,

weirdo springs to mind,, and rubber,,, my god,,,, I told the lads there was some sicko,,s on here and this thread is just proving my point,,, ""Pigeon watch has gone to the dogs"" its no wonder all the decent lads have stopped coming on here when threads like this are allowed to run,, its pathetic

mind you ,, the mods are letting this daft thread continue,,, I wonder why,,,,

went out to test again.....1" group @10metres.......1" group @ 25metres (no holdover)...and 2" group @ 40metre 2 dot holdover.....so everything should tighten up a bit more with practice ..and i still await the target pellets which i ordered but havnt arrived yet.....................

When you can post daily photos of five shot groups taken with the rifle on a rest and bulk up your trophy shots with stuff from the freezer you can join the airgun section of THL :lol:

ditchman,,,,,

this thread has gone stupid, started off ok but needs locking now as the op has lost the plot and is replying to himself ,,,

weirdo springs to mind,, and rubber,,, my god,,,, I told the lads there was some sicko,,s on here and this thread is just proving my point,,, ""Pigeon watch has gone to the dogs"" its no wonder all the decent lads have stopped coming on here when threads like this are allowed to run,, its pathetic

Probably because you've sent them into multiple commas :rolleyes:

Look..................lets get this straight.......im not an international shot of renown....i know nothing of the intricasies of air rifle shooting...im just have an 30 year old rescued AA air rifle which i have put back into usable condition...to shoot stuff with...which i am doing and will continue to do...dont ask for millimetre perfect groups cause you arnt going to get them ...when you are blundering thro brambles after a squirrel and huffing and puffing to get into position before it moves again ....aaannnddd pull off a shot on target ...it bears no relationship to target shooting....where you can pick yer nose and have a fag and councilling between each shot.............

it has been a long time since i have had so much enjoyment with an old air rifle...and cheap to run to.....

so if i dont live up to your high expectations....please forgive me and ...forward this topic to "the playpen".....

Look..................lets get this straight.......im not an international shot of renown....i know nothing of the intricasies of air rifle shooting...im just have an 30 year old rescued AA air rifle which i have put back into usable condition...to shoot stuff with...which i am doing and will continue to do...dont ask for millimetre perfect groups cause you arnt going to get them ...when you are blundering thro brambles after a squirrel and huffing and puffing to get into position before it moves again ....aaannnddd pull off a shot on target ...it bears no relationship to target shooting....where you can pick yer nose and have a fag and councilling between each shot.............

it has been a long time since i have had so much enjoyment with an old air rifle...and cheap to run to.....

so if i dont live up to your high expectations....please forgive me and ...forward this topic to "the playpen".....

Well said that man

You keep going mate. It is nice to see someone doing it the hard, and cheap way instead of just throwing money at the sport.

Thank you.... :good: .....i just want to give younger shooters coming to the sport ...the confidence to go out there and "get stuck in"....i have taken an old rusty crock of a gun and have made it usable....blundering away thro the strip down...as it was all new to me...and throwing out a bit of humour and getting plenty of good hearted abuse back.....

bringing this old gun back to life has not required chronographs....fancy tuning...sending in from america tuned triggers etc etc etc......there is a lot of talk on air rifle shooting on air forums....and they all seem to keep on repeating themselves constantly...and it all gets very confusing......

the things i have learnt so far is....

1. good scope....(spend more on the scope than the gun)
  2. good ammo...(try several)
  3. keep on adjusting the trigger to the lightest (safest) setting
  4. learn to breath
  5. use the proper lubrication on the re-build...any old oil or grease will not do....and less is more..

and fer christs sake enjoy yerself

ive got another deliverery of different pellets today...so i will try them 2moz.....same weight but different design....

just had a look on amazon at pellets....JSB excacts express......£49.95 /tin.......i will not be "trying" them at present........ :lol:

Edited by ditchman

ditchman,,,,,

I'm enjoying it actually. Much more entertaining that the garbage you write Mr Flash. :)

If you had any idea about punctuation things would be a lot easier on the eye. So you have the option to ****** off and do some serious airgun stuff elsewhere.

Edited by Whitebridges

well done ditchy for start something else :lol::lol:

I joined this thread on page 3 and I will admit that I have not been on here and looked at the thread again but what a laugh every day I have had reading little clips from my emails.

what whit "where does this little thing go" and "fat sarah" and rubber fetish.

I really did wonder what site I was viewing. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

well done ditchy for everything :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

please send me a private picture of fat sarah in a little rubber number

oh wrong site ;););):whistling::whistling::whistling:

I'm enjoying it actually. Much more entertaining that the garbage you write Mr Flash. :)

If you had any idea about punctuation things would be a lot easier on the eye. So you have the option to ****** off and do some serious airgun stuff elsewhere.

I was typing as this was being typed :lol::lol:

same old thing as the TV

TURN OVER

OR

STOP READING

it so easy

Thank you.... :good: .....i just want to give younger shooters coming to the sport ...the confidence to go out there and "get stuck in"....i have taken an old rusty crock of a gun and have made it usable....blundering away thro the strip down...as it was all new to me...and throwing out a bit of humour and getting plenty of good hearted abuse back.....

bringing this old gun back to life has not required chronographs....fancy tuning...sending in from america tuned triggers etc etc etc......there is a lot of talk on air rifle shooting on air forums....and they all seem to keep on repeating themselves constantly...and it all gets very confusing......

the things i have learnt so far is....

1. good scope....(spend more on the scope than the gun)
  2. good ammo...(try several)
  3. keep on adjusting the trigger to the lightest (safest) setting
  4. learn to breath
  5. use the proper lubrication on the re-build...any old oil or grease will not do....and less is more..

and fer christs sake enjoy yerself

ive got another deliverery of different pellets today...so i will try them 2moz.....same weight but different design....

just had a look on amazon at pellets....JSB excacts express......£49.95 /tin.......i will not be "trying" them at present........ :lol:

Ditchman, Don't forget number 6. The Artillery Hold or something similar. That is nothing to do with rubber or Fat Sarah, but the best way to hold a spring powered air rifle so that the recoil doesn't throw the barrel out of line. :)

after reading evo's post i cant read any more without replying, he may be joking he may not be, but if he isnt then here is my reply to him.

wind your neck in you mug, if you dont like it, dont read it, its a forum and people can post what they want, your **** head comments are ridiculous, not this post,

what a complete ***** you sound like with a comet like that,

best keep your mouth shut and let people think your stupid than to open it and remove all doubt

and please feel free to enlighten us as to why you think the mods are allowing this daft thread to continue, if there was cause for concern then they would pull it, there quite on the ball with things like that, there are 1000's of pointless threads on here, some stupid, some funny, some entertaining, some informative, who are you to judge what should be allowed or not, verity is the spice of life,

anyway i must get on with my own pointless 134 page 76.000 views, land rover thread :lol::lol: