GDK Cabinets

Wingman

Ok so just updating the forum on a previous post about GDK gun cabinets, please form your own opinions with this information.

I bought a single gun cabinet from GDK of Ebay and it arrived well packaged within a couple of days. I was impressed with the quality and it was fine for my needs as an overflow cabinet for a .410 for my son, as with most cabinets the fitting kit though was a bit poor and I discarded it for my usual chemical anchor fixings.

Upon opening it i noticed it had a problem with the door, it seemed to have dropped so when unlocked it needed to be lifted using one of the keys about a centimeter to open it. Works perfectly otherwise and looked like a grub screw adjustment was required. I adjusted the grub screw and it worked for a while but the screw is poor quality and didnt have the torque to hold the door properly. After 2 or 3 openings it reverted to the same condition. I emailed GDK who provided me a mobile number of a technician who I have called frequently but no answer. Have emailed them again last week and a week later havent had a response.

Its a shame as the price was good and the overall quality is not bad, but its been let down by poor after sales. I can probably fix it myself a proper machine screw to replace the cheap one may solve the problem but I would have expected that the manufacturer would be more supportive to solve the problem for me. I could also send it back but this will be a pain as the cabinet is fixed to the wall and my sons gun secured within so I can live with the problem for now...

So just to be clear its a decent product my issue with the after sales so just wanted to share this experience with my fellow PW members.

Edited by Wingman

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so just updating the forum on a previous post about GDK gun cabinets, please form your own opinions with this information.

I bought a single gun cabinet from GDK of Ebay and it arrived well packaged within a couple of days. I was impressed with the quality and it was fine for my needs as an overflow cabinet for a .410 for my son, as with most cabinets the fitting kit though was a bit poor and I discarded it for my usual chemical anchor fixings.

Upon opening it i noticed it had a problem with the door, it seemed to have dropped so when unlocked it needed to be lifted using one of the keys about a centimeter to open it. Works perfectly otherwise and looked like a grub screw adjustment was required. I adjusted the grub screw and it worked for a while but the screw is poor quality and didnt have the torque to hold the door properly. After 2 or 3 openings it reverted to the same condition. I emailed GDK who provided me a mobile number of a technician who I have called frequently but no answer. Have emailed them again last week and a week later havent had a response.

Its a shame as the price was good and the overall quality is not bad, but its been let down by poor after sales. I can probably fix it myself a proper machine screw to replace the cheap one may solve the problem but I would have expected that the manufacturer would be more supportive to solve the problem for me. I could also send it back but this will be a pain as the cabinet is fixed to the wall and my sons gun secured within so I can live with the problem for now...

So just to be clear its a decent product my issue with the after sales so just wanted to share this experience with my fellow PW members.

I bought one and after a couple of years one of the locks internals fell apart so I couldnt unlock it. I had to break in to it which took no time at all (admittedly I could open one lock which allowed me to prise open the door) when I contacted GDK for a replacement lock that I would have paid for if I had to they couldnt provide one. now Im stuck with a 6 gun FAC cabinet I cant use. not very happy with either the product or their service.

I bought one and after a couple of years one of the locks internals fell apart so I couldnt unlock it. I had to break in to it which took no time at all (admittedly I could open one lock which allowed me to prise open the door) when I contacted GDK for a replacement lock that I would have paid for if I had to they couldnt provide one. now Im stuck with a 6 gun FAC cabinet I cant use. not very happy with either the product or their service.

............................so all my guns are just leant up in the corner of the room.

I'M JOKING!

I bought a second hand 16 gun Infac Safe which was a bargain £150 but could still do with the other sorting so I can separate my scoped rifles and shotguns

I had a similar experience with my GDK gun cabinet, but it only took me about 15 minutes to fix at most.

Basically the door had dropped a bit upon delivery and it was rubbing at the bottom when I tried to open and close it.

I just unbolted the door and found that there was one washer at the top and one washer at the bottom of the hinge pins.

I basically just put both washers on the bottom pin and refitted the door. This rose it up by the 0.3mm required.

The gun cabinet now works perfectly.

I had a similar experience with my ammo cabinet and did the same trick.