El Chimbo .410

Pyropredator

I have one in .410 lovely little gun.I've just refinished the stock and forend in Danish oil.

It's a side by side 3 "magnum shoots very well great for the bunnies and a bit of fun on the clays.my only niggle and it's a vary small niggle is that it folds so can be a pain when its in the Crook of the arm when broken.Simple mechanism with the hammers powered by leaf springs.Extractor pushes the cartridges nice and clear to remove them.

What I learned on (shot first pigeon at 8 years old) and passed to brother who still has, nice little guns and one of the better made (both in barrel thickness) and reliability (mine never skipped a beat) but like all 410's in general, very heavily choked and stock was only 13inch LOP.

Crook carrying is a little awkward due to folding but fits nicely in a rucksack and rebounding hammers so little chance of misfire if dropped.

elchimbo.gif

Edited by Stonepark

Ive had one for about thirty odd years. Shoots low (but I'm used to it shooting low so compensate for it) and the trigger has seized a couple of times, once when I had two Jays in my sights. I cut the choke off mine, before that, the pattern was poor, particularly with three inch carts. I wouldn't pay much for one, but they're ok for what they are.

Thanks for the replies. The more I hear about them the more I want one. Problem is no one seems to be selling! Is anything a bit more available comparable as it seems all I can find are old Belgium guns chambered in 2 and a half. I would prefer 3 inch.

Also pay attention to manufacturer, which it is sometimes listed as Parkemy... instead of El Chimbo.

Also pay attention to manufacturer, which it is sometimes listed as Parkemy... instead of El Chimbo.

i wanted that particular single model for shooting with ferrets....as it would fold up on itself......my mate had one excactly like the el chimbo ...but much better build quality...and it had a skeleton stock (wooden)....think it might have been Belgium made...........

had 2 over the years first one had tiny hammers just like little thumb grips second one proper hammers the you could cock easier if you got big hands trigger guard is tiny an not much room for fat fingers,but crackin little guns though,swopped it for 28g a bit more of a capable gun.