Proper Cartridges.Excellent value for money.

Always tended to buy a more expensive brand for the couple of driven days we take but bought 10k from George after some friend recommendations.

Didnt really want that amount to start with but to get a good price had to so went halfs with the old fella.

Only used a couple of times at the pigeons which went fine but didnt have enough action to really judge but since the game and fowl have started we have used plenty with outstanding results.Just back from two days driven and walked up with Mac and again they performed very well especially with some of the rangier birds.

No horse to back in this race but thought it was worth a post regarding them and considering the price difference from some top end game squeeb they are well worth the money.

Edit to say

1000 is already a good price,but to get an even better price,went to 10k.

Edited by sako751sg

I expect they are good quality but how is it excellent value for money if you have to buy a miniumum of 10k? And how would we know unless you tells us what they were and what price?

Otherwise unable to see the point of your post.

Mind you 10 out of 10 for George's sales technique.

Edited by rbrowning2

I expect they are good quality but how is it excellent value for money if you have to buy a miniumum of 10k? And how would we know unless you tells us what they were and what price?

Otherwise unable to see the point of your post.

Mind you 10 out of 10 for George's sales technique.

Specsavers are good,but probably wouldnt manage the miracle you would require.

Specsavers are good,but probably wouldnt manage the miracle you would require.

So you edit your post after my post to add that the 1000 rate is also good.

But yes it does look to need a miracle for you to say what you purchased and at what price from proper cartridges, which is a shame as the general conclusion is they make good cartridge so it would just be useful to know what you got from him and at what price.

Otherwise how can we judge without such basic knowledge and reach the conclusion that they are indeed excellent value?

Edit to add: they may be even better value as got told today the eley have increased their prices from today.

Edited by rbrowning2

So you edit your post after my post to add that the 1000 rate is also good.

But yes it does look to need a miracle for you to say what you purchased and at what price from proper cartridges, which is a shame as the general conclusion is they make good cartridge so it would just be useful to know what you got from him and at what price.

Otherwise how can we judge without such basic knowledge and reach the conclusion that they are indeed excellent value?

We have phones and communication skills up here,and use them.

Try it on George sometime,and you might get the answers unless he treats you different to how he did me.

You dont buy many cartridges so see why the 10k might be a problem for you.

However,i agree about my edit.I should have originally said to get the best price a 10k order was required so apologies for not making that clearer from kick off.

I got some off him on his way up to meet u dave few weeks back. I posted on facebook too seems like most things in life there are those that wlways want to knock people. I have used PC 32g 5s for the last year and had no issues at all. My dad and two others have also started using them and they shoot more than me. Great cart at a good price. George is always good with me. Doubt i will ever use 10k tho.

What cartridges were they? Shot size/load etc?

Just PCs 32g in 6s.

A very basic looking cartridge but does the job well imo.

I got some off him on his way up to meet u dave few weeks back. I posted on facebook too seems like most things in life there are those that wlways want to knock people. I have used PC 32g 5s for the last year and had no issues at all. My dad and two others have also started using them and they shoot more than me. Great cart at a good price. George is always good with me. Doubt i will ever use 10k tho.

I agree,and a lot of them knocking havent even used them.

Too many think its a sales pitch but ive always used Black Gold or similar for my paid for days so finding these work for me saves a few quid.

I've tried a few of George's shells. One was even branded "Thetford Guns". They don't stock them now.

Price is one thing, loyalty to your local gunsmith and RFD is another.

This "buy direct" thing is killing "Britain is a country of shopkeepers" and I don't like it very much.

So I buy carts from Hull - Hull and Gamebore - The English stuff.

The woman who is intent on breaking up the Union is a serious worry.

Some will like a certain cartridge others not,you cant please everyone. I have shot a few of Georges carts over the years. Some i loved others not like the Heavey 4 shot carts as it kicked me in my gun,done a cracking job on what it hit but to punchy for me. His lighter carts like 32g down to 28 g are great and good value.

Might have to make a trip to get some for the season,like the sound of his 28g 6 for an all round clay and game cart.

Some will like a certain cartridge others not,you cant please everyone. I have shot a few of Georges carts over the years. Some i loved others not like the Heavey 4 shot carts as it kicked me in my gun,done a cracking job on what it hit but to punchy for me. His lighter carts like 32g down to 28 g are great and good value.

Might have to make a trip to get some for the season,like the sound of his 28g 6 for an all round clay and game cart.

We use Georges 28g 7 1/2s for clays and the 28g 6s for everything else.

Hopefully we can get to having just 28g 6 1/2s for everything.

So who has slated George's product then?

I think the knocking and slating them was aimed at my posts and if that is how it reads I appologise. I was not knocking the cartridges at all as many have expressed that they are a very good cartridge. My expectations were when I first read the topic was a long the lines that I have just brought xyz from proper cartridges at xyz price which is x pounds less than anybody else so get in quick and buy some.

So again sorry if I miss understood the purpose of the original post.

As for selling them direct, it's a free country so good luck to him other manufactures find ways to compete by selling this years specials at a cheap price like the eley imperial, eley pigeon select or game bore 2016.

Is not the problem that we want cheap cartridges? I include myself in that, which is why I reload my 28ga.

That would be a great do all load,one cart for clay and game, bit better than a six too for the clays.

I was told by Barry Simpson years ago that I was carrying far too many types of shell for the 100 bird registered shoot I was shooting.

Following that I dropped down to just one type, Hull Soverigns in 7 1/2 and now use Georges.

I was told by Barry Simpson years ago that I was carrying far too many types of shell for the 100 bird registered shoot I was shooting.

Following that I dropped down to just one type, Hull Soverigns in 7 1/2 and now use Georges.

Been shooting Hull Superfast for years and nearly every time i try something else it all goes pear shaped,consistency is the main thing for me.