Waterproof Windproof Gloves ???

Keith RW

Can you guys recommend a decent brand of suitable gloves for use in the wind and rain and that can still be worn for shooting, out in the freezing cold wind and wet this morning and whilst not favouring gloves at all when shooting it was decided that such a purchase is a necessity before next my outing ....must be an age thing as the cold is starting to bite

Sealskinz hunting or for the ultimate warm waterproof.

1st layer - karrimor glove liners from sports direct (about £4)

2nd layer - Latex type from screwfix

3rd layer - leather shooting gloves (e.g. - brown Musto)

Wash the liner, bin the plastic and dry out the leather on the radiator.

Edited by markm

Have never liked wearing gloves but following an accident at work earlier this year I have no sensation in the end of my right middle finger, and the cold when on roofs or on shoots is starting to make me aware of how much it hurts at times.

One mate on yesterdays shoot recommend I put those thin disposable latex surgeons gloves on ( which I have loads of ) underneath a pair of Mac Wets I bought and only wore once. It's just my right hand that needs it.

I have a pair of the Sealskinz fingerless mitts, the mitt part and the thumbs fold back for shooting with, and they also have 2 loops that allow you to get the mitts off in a hurry when needed.

I have also stuck some of these https://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/little-hotties-toe-warmers--pair/668052?itemid=36820&gclid=Cj0KEQjwqfvABRC6gJ3T_4mwspoBEiQAyoQPkYIRP-7IuFwM1R8nXQNKkG_SChJ1HaWoMtdZsydHSO4aAsXs8P8HAQ

into the mitt part of the glove that way you have heated gloves.

They are not the cheapest of gloves but they are pretty good so far

I bought a pair of dent shooting gloves, really nice warm comfy gloves, and just squeezed a blob of snoseal onto one palm whilst wearing them, and rubbed one glove against the other so they were coated with the stuff,and the warmth of my hands made it soak into the leather.

Not completely waterproof, but I've been shooting in pretty heavy rain and had warm dry hands.