Hats

Pyropredator

Evening all.

This may be the most dull question ever asked on PW so please bear with me:

So last weekend I was unfortunate enough to take my first ever bit of clay to the head in my 4 years since starting, not exactly the worst pain in the world but it got me thinking. it seems a fair few people down at my usual ground wear various caps and hats, most of which seem to be there lessen the blow of any stray bits of clay they may encounter.

With this in mind I was wondering what you all wore if anything, and any suggestions?

Thanks

James

Baseball cap but I still got a 1" cut on the top of my head through the cap after being hit by half a clay from a high driven stand.

I was considering a baseball cap but I don't want any particularly in your face or colourful. Having a quick flick through the Basc mag they do a waxed cotton baseball cap that looks decent.

I was considering a baseball cap but I don't want any particularly in your face or colourful. Having a quick flick through the Basc mag they do a waxed cotton baseball cap that looks decent.

How about one of these http://www.hoggs.co.uk/prodcut_details.php?catid=103&product_id=240

The only down side Ive found is that the button on the top can catch on hide net

If you don't want anything too colourful I can recommend the Browning Durawax baseball cap. It's made of quite a thick and tough canvas material which stands off your head and gives a bit of impact resistance. Being waxed it's pretty much waterproof too.

I've got loads of shooting caps and it's become my favourite.

This one: http://m.uttings.co.uk/p113467-browning-durawax-cap-brown-308412881/

Edited by ChrisPCarter

If you don't want anything too colourful I can recommend the Browning Durawax baseball cap. It's made of quite a thick and tough canvas material which stands off your head and gives a bit of impact resistance. Being waxed it's pretty much waterproof too.

I've got loads of shooting caps and it's become my favourite.

This one: http://m.uttings.co.uk/p113467-browning-durawax-cap-brown-308412881/

That looks quite smart I like the look of that. I think I will end up going with something like this as the tweed doesn't really appeal.

I like a flat cap when I'm game shooting but I think that long peak on a baseball cap can really protect your eyes when on the clays. Even wearing glasses doesn't protect you from pieces coming down the back of them. The long peak can obscure your vision a bit on clays coming overhead from behind though - by the time it's visible it's well in front of you. I often take it off for these.