Semi auto shotgun for rough work

Old melv

Hi all sorry if this has been done to death.

I'm after a semi auto it will sit on a rest on the quad ready to use as I drive around. The ground is rough and very muddy so the gun will get dirty.

Can you recommend a reliable sa that can cope with dirty conditions and doesn't cost the earth as I don't want to put a £1000 bennelli through that treatment.

Thanks

I picked up a nearly new composite stock Mossberg 500 pump the other day for £200 for this sort of thing. Nothing to go wrong with a pump and I can keep my nice wood stocked Maxus Premium for nicer days. If I was after a rough use semi at the mid/lower price end I'd go for the Winchester SX3 or a Franchi Affinity. A used Maxus composite won't let you down either.

I picked up a nearly new composite stock Mossberg 500 pump the other day for £200 for this sort of thing. Nothing to go wrong with a pump and I can keep my nice wood stocked Maxus Premium for nicer days. If I was after a rough use semi at the mid/lower price end I'd go for the Winchester SX3 or a Franchi Affinity. A used Maxus composite won't let you down either.

There is a video of a lad out on the marsh with his Lab using a pump gun and it fails to chamber the second cart every time, he has to strip it down to clear it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JBvY8Ll8Jw

Edited by figgy

There is a video of a lad out on the marsh with his Lab using a pump gun and it fails to chamber the second cart every time, he has to strip it down to clear it.

Well that sounds like it must be a dodgy gun as a bit of muck certainly wouldn't cause that on any pump i've ever used.

Simple to strip down in the field too, but I guess that applies to plenty of semi-autos as well.

Hmmm, uncased, muddy conditions, mud plugged muzzle :sad1::no:

Mud won't plug the muzzle as the gun sits side ways on the quad but mud will be thrown onto the barrels and action the inside of my sons benneli barrel is clean as a whistle on the outside it looks like he's stirred a bucket of ith it.

Mud won't plug the muzzle as the gun sits side ways on the quad but mud will be thrown onto the barrels and action the inside of my sons benneli barrel is clean as a whistle on the outside it looks like he's stirred a bucket of with it.

WHY not just buy a Kolpin Gun Boot like I've had fitted to my Quad for years .

That has carried 3k+ worth of Rifle and Scope with no damage or dirt