Shotkam Black Friday Offer

Okrang

If any of you are contemplating buying a generous early Xmas present for yourself - Shotkam have a special 'Black Friday' offer on this weekend through to Monday.

They have knocked $50.00 off the list price and will ship for free - a total saving for UK buyers of $125.00.

Details are here:

https://www.facebook.com/ShotKam/

Basically they email you a code to enter at checkout, in my case (and probably every case!) it was the word HOLIDAY.

Shotkam will be sent by FedEx International and should arrive in 5 to 7 days - be prepared to have to pay 4.1% import duty and 20% VAT if it gets noticed by HMRC though!

Cheers,

John.

Its a wonder,China or Eastern Countries haven't made a clone,will it ever happen though.?.

Yeah, I'm surprised too!

I was pretty convinced when I looked into buying one a year ago that I would be better off waiting until the Chinese came up with a 'looky-likey' copy, but nothing even on the horizon as far as I know.

So, I've bitten the bullet (so to speak!) and taken advantage of this offer.

I know we only have biased information to go on, but I think a lot of the technology is a spin-off from the defense industry, including the software, and is heavily patented - not that that has stopped the Chinese in the past!

I'm looking forward to trying it out and seeing if it improves my shooting - if it does, it will be worth the expense, if not, it will be up for sale!

Cheers,

John.

It is a dear item no doubt, but it is well made and feature rich, you can watch in real time on your phone as you shoot,or your mate can , review footage shot by shot at a stand to review changes in technique, connect to your laptop in the clubhouse to show everyone how great you were, different reticules,modes, im impressed with mine, I would say to anyone taking delivery, take the time to set up and calibrate the reticule correctly.

I guess its a relatively small market hence the lack of interest from china and the high end cost from america.

Edited by Rupert

I didn't get one in the end - - I'm a serious techy, and that is 'too much' for a gadget. That's half the price of a nice game gun after all. I fit was half the price, but when you factor VAT and duty it's more like £700...

The reason it's not in china yet is that /perhaps/ it's assembled in the US, that's the only way not to have your product copied over. The chinese 'copies' usualy are made on the same assembly lines as the product... they just make an extra container of something and dump it on the market for some extra margin.

Only way to be 'safe' of that is to not do the assembly there.

Also, in their case, they have quite a bit of a software 'stack' that would be hard to clone, they can 'secure' their product easily enough. So the only way would be for the chinese to redo that, and that's something they are particularly bad at, for the moment.

Edited by buze

I didn't get one in the end - - I'm a serious techy, and that is 'too much' for a gadget. That's half the price of a nice game gun after all. I fit was half the price, but when you factor VAT and duty it's more like £700...

The reason it's not in china yet is that /perhaps/ it's assembled in the US, that's the only way not to have your product copied over. The chinese 'copies' usualy are made on the same assembly lines as the product... they just make an extra container of something and dump it on the market for some extra margin.

Only way to be 'safe' of that is to not do the assembly there.

Also, in their case, they have quite a bit of a software 'stack' that would be hard to clone, they can 'secure' their product easily enough. So the only way would be for the chinese to redo that, and that's something they are particularly bad at, for the moment.

Buze, I think your assessment of the reasons for the lack, yet, of a Chinese copy are spot-on!

However, I don't view the Shotkam as a 'gadget' - at least, I hope it isn't one!

I'm hoping it will be a tool that will have a seriously beneficial influence on my shooting!

Rupert - the only reason it is still a very small market is because Shotkam are keeping it that way by holding the price up - it's the 'Rolls Royce' principle I guess!

Sonner or later their bubble will burst and the price will come tumbling down but I'm just not patient enough to wait for that and afterall, not everything in life needs to make sense!

Cheers,

John.

I disagree.

I haven't got a Shotkam but by seeing some vids I can see the lead given on a successful shot and have realised not giving enough. I was out on Friday on some roosting pigeons and by giving more lead than I ever have before hit some real screamers. I think one of these would improve my shooting no end

So if one of you chaps aren't getting on with it, there's a crisp £50note waiting here for you. I'll even chuck in a non veggie fiver For the postage.

It will only show you where you miss, not why.

Good fun for novelty factor on game shooting but use as a learning aid minimal I'd say...

The proof will be in the eating of the pudding of course - I shall await judgement until I have used it enough to make that call.

I guess unless tried, we will all have speculative views on it's effectiveness as a training aid - have you had the chance to try one yet?

Surely if you know where and by how far you are missing, you are half way towards knowing where you need to be to be hitting?

I would never advocate that the shotkam should replace proper coaching but as a coaching aid I'm hoping it will be valuable.

But you know, at the end of the day - it's horses for courses and if it's fun and I enjoy using it - that's good enough for me!

Cheers,

John.

What good is seeing where you are shooting if you don't know where to place the shot pattern in the first place, no good giving something two foot of lead and six inches under and seeing your giving two foot of lead and six inches under if it needs six foot and a couple of feet under.It is only any good for coaching to explain and show what a student didn't do right or when they hit it what they did do right.