The Making Of - Le Chameau

WinchesterDave

My latest pair of neoprene lined -full length zip le chams are just approaching a year old and despite wearing them pretty much every day at some point and god knows how many miles through mud brambles and suchlike they have remained in perfect condition. So I'm very happy with mine.

These are my old pair that lasted me ten years. They just let a slight drip of water in through one zip now.

IMG_20160927_071745_zpsns5y94cz.jpg

Edited by Jay_Russell

Hopefully they have improved in recent years, otherwise that is a lot of effort for something that lasts two seasons.

My very first pair lasted about 8 years.

After seeing what happened to others I bought Seelands this time, but as an when they cough out I will see how Chameau are doing at the time.

Nice video that. Interesting process

Pleased you've enjoyed it chaps! :good: I hope not because I am considering Chameau's for my next pair of wellies... when my Hunters die... they're genuinely lasting well lol

My Hunters have done me well too, only just starting to go now after 5 years.

A couple offers ago I was looking for new wellies and was advised against LeChams - lots returned with leaks since production moved to China (?) so I bought Harkillas which have split in 3 places!! When repairs fail I may look for LeChams as I loved my first pair. Has production moved back to frog land?

Looked at the Harkilas, but when I read the reviews I decided against!

My latest pair of neoprene lined -full length zip le chams are just approaching a year old and despite wearing them pretty much every day at some point and god knows how many miles through mud brambles and suchlike they have remained in perfect condition. So I'm very happy with mine.

These are my old pair that lasted me ten years. They just let a slight drip of water in through one zip now.

IMG_20160927_071745_zpsns5y94cz.jpg

What a cracking photograph mate :good:

Nice video that. Interesting process

My Hunters have done me well too, only just starting to go now after 5 years.

Looked at the Harkilas, but when I read the reviews I decided against!

It is interesting reading about Harkila wellies not being up to scratch. My dad got the full zip Foresters last year at the shooting show, and although he doesn't wear them everyday, when I first held them I couldn't believe how good they felt in terms of quality! So to hear a lot of people have had issues with them is shocking I think.

In the past 18 months I have had 2 pairs of Le C wellies fail on me , Heal area separation last time . Got a full refund from UK supplier , but I will not be buying them again .

Agile user now , first season and I really like the sole grip , hopefully they will survive a few more seasons.

Yes it doesn't help choosing where to place your bet next time round does it?

The one thing that is clear is Chameau went through a very bad spell quality wise a few years ago, my wife went through a pair in just over a year.

The pictures are on here if you can bothered to search. They split, I fixed them with Aquasure, they split again, same, then last time they went in the bin.

As nothing else fitted properly she reluctantly bought another pair, they have been absolutely fine.

The problem with old fashion hand production as shown in the film is that so much relies on the person that day, where as machines can virtually guarantee quality every day, that's not to say one is better quality than another just the standard of quality is the consistent with most machines

Hand made can be first class or **** its not always a sign of quality