freelander 2 2008 radio code

trowel 7

+1 simply ring your local LR dealers and quote the reg no. If it is original they should have the code.

not sure if they will give you it over the phone, for security reasons, you may have to go in with the car or registration docs? Also, not sure with Landrover, but some makes the dealer has to contact the factory or HQ to get the code.

Edited by silver pigeon69

Ok, Seems strange as whats to stop a thief from stealing the stereo, quoting the car reg and getting the code?

Fair point, perhaps others dealers are different but the LR main agents here didn't even question it.

Edit to say the wife just told me had to give them the VIN no and not the reg! Can't remember now but is was simple enough to get the code from LR.

Edited by aga man

found this info if it helps The 5 digit code is the last 5 numbers of the serial number, take the radio out and you'll see the number, its on the side of the unit. Or if you're lucky there should be a sticker on the inside of the passengers glove box lid with a bar code and a number, this is the radio serial number. I said if you're lucky because most people pull the sticker off and bin it not knowing what it is.

where i found it was here https://www.landyzone.co.uk/

Ok, Seems strange as whats to stop a thief from stealing the stereo, quoting the car reg and getting the code?

They ask you for your name as well as reg,simple check your the keeper on their system and give you the code. Years ago when the codes 1st came out Ford used to charge you a fiver if you lost the code.

Citroen cars have a good security system where as the radio doesn't have a code but is actually programmed to the car.Take it in and out of the same car no issues, but try and put in another Citroen and it won't work.

Ok, Seems strange as whats to stop a thief from stealing the stereo, quoting the car reg and getting the code?[/quot

The radios in most defenders are of such poor quality that no self respecting thief would want to steal one.i phoned my local dealer but at some time the radio had been changed and was told go to Halford a 75 pound set from them is better than l/r fit