US Customised Defender

loriusgarrulus

• 2 months later...

"The Defender couldn’t quite get over its farm truck build quality. Like–the seat isn’t perfectly squared up with the steering wheel, which I have a feeling may be a universal Defender quirk."

That's always excluded the Defender from my fantasy garage. Is this really such a fundamentally insurmountable problem? Nobody seems able to "fix" it.

I was born just after WW2 and we was always told that British is best and like fools we believed it we had the good old Land Rover a world leader was we in for a shock as we watched all of are car truck motorbike industry go down the plug hole as people want things that work and do not break down all of the time and Japan with Toyota had the perfect truck to replace it with.

It is simple to say that things can be made cheaper in Japan and China etc if that is the case how come the Germans still have a car and motorbike industry then people will say that we have thriving car manufacturing in this country and we do making Japanese and Indian even German RR and Bentlys.

Lets face it most of our cars was **** and people say how wonderfull the good old Land Rover is and that they never die that is a fact but also you can buy all of the parts made by aftermarket firms to keep them going from the chassis up that says little for how good they are just how we had to make a hole industry of firms making parts to keep them going.

I tend to think for the most part the only reason that people buy Land Rovers is that parts are so cheap and plenty full also they are like lego simple to repair as long as you do not get one that has a computer in it.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

OK mine HAS been tweaked but at least it still has a Rover engine. I like a Landie to look like a Landie. As on Tuesday I followed a V8 P38 up a steepish slope and it became evident he was trying to pull away from me, when things started to get 'illegal' he levelled off but was glancing in his mirror wondering how this scruffy dirty heap of Dural seemed to be stuck behind him. No, I think that US 'upgrade' is a step too far. Now tell me , where can I buy a Holley four barrel at a reasonable price :good::yes::lol: