12g cartridges

Hi all,

I need to get some cartridges, for decoying and rough shooting.

The last lot i got were Eley vip .I wasn`t impressed :good: .I have used eley grand prix and they

were ok.But They are not selling them local.So what do you fellas use.

Cheers Wam

Hi all,

I need to get some cartridges, for decoying and rough shooting.

The last lot i got were Eley vip .I wasn`t impressed :good: .I have used eley grand prix and they

were ok.But They are not selling them local.So what do you fellas use.

Cheers Wam

I have used loads of Eley cartridges and have always found them to be soft hitting. Try some Lyalvale Express Special game or pigeon special.

You won't be disapointed

due to the price increase i was mixing trap 7.5s with 32 no. 6s.i have to say that if i hit the 1st bird within 35 yds with the trap 7.5 it was killing well.i will continue to use them as they do the job ok.i would however reccomend 6s for longer shots.if they come in close enough the traps do ok.this is only my experience you may totally disagree with me.

Eley 32g HB pigeon plastic wad 6.5's.

Tried some of the groovy Eley Realtree 30g recently bloody good shells, despite the rubbish they are packed in.

When I'm feeling rich I like Hull High Pheasant photo degradable wad 30g 7's.

A mate likes Hull special pigeon 32g 6's which seen softer shooting than the Eley. It's hard to buy **** pigeon loads these days, such is the competition for your money.

Right up there with the best are Gamebore Clear Pigeon and the Saga 30g load. Hull Imperial game 28g 7's are very good for 'coying birds that are consistently close in. Just my humble opinion.

When i can get them i use Gamebore clear pigeon No6 30g, but my local dealer has been out of stock every time i have been in recently so i have been using Eley grand prix No6 30g.

The Eley's seem fine but i prefer the clear pigeon to anything else i have tried.

Rob

When i can get them i use Gamebore clear pigeon No6 30g, but my local dealer has been out of stock every time i have been in recently so i have been using Eley grand prix No6 30g.

The Eley's seem fine but i prefer the clear pigeon to anything else i have tried.

Rob

Scatts do Clear Pigeons in Basingstoke and Newbury. I think there's a Scatts in your neck of the woods Lymington way. May be worth a try.

Generally around 30gm 6's. Would NOT touch plastic wads :):good::good: Disgusting littering of the countryside :good: :o B) with no excuses...especially now that many fibre wads are outperforming the top plastic wads B) B) :o

Generally around 30gm 6's. Would NOT touch plastic wads :):good::good: Disgusting littering of the countryside :good: :o B) with no excuses...especially now that many fibre wads are outperforming the top plastic wads B) B) :o

Same for me, the wad is important, 100 shots and 100 lumps of plastic laying in the field, not for me.

Fibre wad is a must for anything other than a range.

32g 6# for me

• 4 weeks later...