L200 headlight upgrade.

Red-dot

Worryingly few replies, maybe we are the only two L200 drivers who have this problem, seeing as every other car that approaches me at night seems to have laser search lights instead of normal headlights!

I just googled searched for Legal Blue/White lights .

I think mine cost £11-£14 for a pair 100% better as even with my eyes I can see ok

I have a 15 plate warrior and the lights were terrible . I went to my local factor shop and they advised me to fit Osam bulbs that they stocked . They claimed that they were 50% brighter than standard bulbs . I bought the bulbs ,and yes they they are definitely better .

Harnser

I thought it was illegal to use the blue tinted lights unless you were a boy racer cretin pretending to have HID lights. With blacked out glass, furry dice & tuned exhaust it then becomes chav-legal

He said blue/white headlights NOT blue LED's favoured by the grey tracky wearing brigade.

He said blue/white headlights NOT blue LED's favoured by the grey tracky wearing brigade.

I know - I'm not digging at him - just the morons who think they look cool with ultraviolet lights (& the retrofit HID's without any levelling)

It's a shame that somebody somewhere decided to market the idea of lights with a higher colour temperature working better in rain/fog. China then followed. Even Halfords fell for it.

The lights on my L200 are cr*p as with all of them i think if i'm correct you will find they don't run at 12v but just under 11 point something volts so you will be hard pressed to improve them.I run 90/100 but still have 4 large spots on the bull bar that works believe me but only on main beam.If you do put spots on be careful as they are funny to wire up (you get a live feed on both dip and beam feed wires) go on the L200 forum and they will tell you exactly how to wire them in good luck :good:

Piaa are great but cost more than the car your putting them in if there genuine at least!

Apparently the latest phillips bulbs are the best in test and even better than the nightbreakers, i bought a load of nightbreakers cheap when a shop had the twin packs marked up at the price of singles, i bought 4 pairs so still have a set left before needing any more!