Kalahari

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greylag,

I have to agree with you comment .

With the following alteration, " I have seen many good men come and fail "

I personally know a few on Council who have never done a tap except fill in expense claim forms , but sadly their CV's read very well at election time.

Perhaps if more Farmers stood for election to BASC Council things would improve , farming community are very often shooting people , but importantly I am confident they could sort the wheat from the chaff.

Don't blame Shifty Swifty for the current debacle, blame the HR department for not using rodenticide.

I have decided to put my head above the parapet and stand for the Welsh seat in the forthcoming BASC Council Elections. If you are entitled to vote (BASC member living in Wales I think) I would be very grateful if you would read my pitch which appears under my real name of David Seager. I would like your vote as well but that is your choice.

Voting papers will appear in the next "Shooting and Conservation" or you will be able to vote on-line, when voting opens, if you are registered for access to the members area of the BASC.org site. Registration isn't too onerous and is worthwhile for the other information that is accessible there.

Many thanks,

David.

hi David,i see that you like your wildfowling and you are a member of a wildfowling club/clubs,please could you tell me if you have heard of the bad treatment of the wildfowling community by BASC e.g. leases/consents(limits on marsh visits,restrictions for shooting legal quarry etc)

Yes, I really enjoy my wildfowling, I only belong to one club at a time, I have slowly cut down my travel time to my 'fowling grounds and that is the only reason for changing. (I like my sleep and am not quite as young as I was or as I wish I were) Personally I haven't heard of any real, verifiable problems with BASC and 'fowling in the clubs I have been involved in. I have heard stuff on the web but no real facts to back it up. If I get elected and people have real problems I will pursue them for them.

David.

Edited by Kalahari

Yes, I really enjoy my wildfowling, I only belong to one club at a time, I have slowly cut down my travel time to my 'fowling grounds and that is the only reason for changing. (I like my sleep and am not quite as young as I was or as I wish I were) Personally I haven't heard of any real, verifiable problems with BASC and 'fowling in the clubs I have been involved in. I have heard stuff on the web but no real facts to back it up. If I get elected and people have real problems I will pursue them for them.

David.

is your club affiliated to BASC???

David ,as you are standing on the welsh ticket and you are lucky enough to be elected I would expect quite a bit of correspondence from Welsh members expecting you to bang the drum for us,as at the moment there seems to be very little being done on behalf of Welsh members ie the Welsh committee.

Well I am hopeful, if a little anxious that I get elected. Yes I will support all rational evidence based stuff, but I am afraid "my mate's best pal said he heard that" will be dead in the water. There will be lots and lots of real stuff to try and sort out. Sorry if this offends but I am not going to stand on a false ticket.

Best wishes,

David.

Well I am hopeful, if a little anxious that I get elected. Yes I will support all rational evidence based stuff, but I am afraid "my mate's best pal said he heard that" will be dead in the water. There will be lots and lots of real stuff to try and sort out. Sorry if this offends but I am not going to stand on a false ticket.

Best wishes,

David.

what i've heard is from my clubs committee and not "my mate's best pal said he heard that",i'm just surprised you have not heard anything from your club committee.

• 1 month later...

Well polling closes at the end of the first week of June. If you haven't voted please do so. Of course I would like your vote if you live in Wales, and knowing Terry (Bakerboy) I think he would be a useful, hardworking addition to council in the national seat but I think we should all vote. If there is a big turnout it sends the message to BASC that we, the members, are interested in how the organisation is run and we are quite willing to vote in new members if we don't like the way things are going!

I don't have a lot of time for the argument that they are all the same so voting is a waste of time, even if you don't have a lot of time for any of the candidates surely it is in your and BASC's interest for you to vote for the best/least bad of the bunch.

So please have a look at who you can vote for and get online and vote.

Many thanks,

David.

Many thanks for your support.

David and I know each other very well, but neither of us knew the other was standing for Council.

Every vote counts.

If you have confidence in David or myself please vote, we hope in fact we are positive we can make a positive contribution.

29 days and counting