M'new girlfriend.

nagantino

Found this Yeoman in a local dealers for £185. It seems to be a Yeoman alright, but has a floor plate and some engraving like a No.3 ......maybe some sort of transition model. Anyway it's mine now. My first gun was a Yeoman so it's a sentimental thing.

My pigeon gun now is a Mossberg 500 which is fun but I'm looking forward to this old lady. Made in 1962 when I was 10 years old. It's tight as a son of a gun so I dismantled it and cleaned the working parts. The oil and grease had turned to a thick glue. I was going to re laquer it but used Renaissance Wax instead and I'll leave it like that. Still real tight when reassembled and choked 1/2 and Full.

post-13070-0-22352500-1491932981_thumb.jpg

hello, my first spanish side by side for £38 :) hope you do well with yours, i know what you mean by sentimental buying have done the same last year, 2 guns after the yeoman and no 3 and victor sarasquesta side lock, i bought another V S last year made about the same year, hardly gets used though :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Looks great. Brings back great days from the past. There's something nice about an older weaper. The new ones are superb, but the feel of one even with a few decades under it's belt, let alone half a century or more, is something special. I have a 1965 Franchi 48 AL that Wabbitbosher fixed for me; I love the feel of it's action, so different from my Affinity. Anyone wanting an oldy, go see Mr Vokes the Wabbitbosher, he has a brilliant selection of old and interesting weaponry.

I looked again at the AYA and it has a concave rib, so still not sure what to call it No3 or Yeoman. It doesn't matter a hoot but it's interesting to see the evolution of AYA boxlocks in the 60,s.

the yeoman has a raised flat rib, well mine did, it looks like a no 3, a bit more refind than the yeoman,