Flat Trajectory

Wasabi

So many years ago I had a. 22 BSA Supersport which I remember having a trajectory like a rainbow.

A few months back I bought a rough old Supersport in. 22 and stripped and cleaned it. The shop chronod it at 10.5 ft lbs before I stripped it. I polished all the internals but kept the same spring. It's zeroed at 30 yards and only drops 2 mil dots on 6x magnification at 60 yards.

Does this sound a bit flat? It's with 14.6 grain weihrauch f and t special pellets.

Edited by Wasabi

So many years ago I had a. 22 BSA Supersport which I remember having a trajectory like a rainbow.

A few months back I bought a rough old Supersport in. 22 and stripped and cleaned it. The shop chronod it at 10.5 ft lbs before I stripped it. I polished all the internals but kept the same spring. It's zeroed at 30 yards and only drops 2 mil dots on 6x magnification at 60 yards.

Does this sound a bit flat? It's with 14.6 grain weihrauch f and t special pellets.

You chronod it since you stripped it?

Can you run Chairgun on Linux platforms? My windows laptop messed itself up and I couldn't restore it and I went over to Ubuntu.

If it is written in Java which the link above says, it may well work for me.

I used it years ago when I was concerned about a rifle I had being a bit too flat shooting. I was right. It was and I got it on a ticket quick.

EDIT:

I downloaded it for my android phone. Works well.

This airgun calculator is pretty good too and will run on any web browser whatever operating system.

This is set up for my FAC .22

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/ballistic-trajectory-chart.php?pl=%5BPreset+Name%5D&presets=&df=G1&bc=0.032&bw=16&vi=830&zr=40&sh=1.5&sa=0&ws=10&wa=90&ssb=on&cr=75&ss=5&chartColumns=Range~yd%3BElevation~in%3BElevation~MOA~FBFFF5%3BElevation~MIL%3BWindage~in%3BWindage~MOA~FBFFF5%3BWindage~MIL%3BTime~s%3BEnergy~ft.lbf%3BVel%5Bx%2By%5D~ft%2Fs&lbl=&submitst=+Create+Chart+

Scroll down for graphs etc.

Edited by Evilv

Well I had it chronod today. 11.8ft lb. Took it out and it's dead on at a measured 30 yards and the 2 mil drops low at 60 with scope on 6 power. Plumbed velocity into chair gun and it makes no sense! Any ideas? Are mil dots all the same size?

Got to be over 12 ft/lbs to give those results.Something is not adding up.

Maybe check what your first zero point is and check scope centre is parallel with the bore and is not elevated more at the front or rear of the scope..

Supersports are also known to suffer from barrel droop.......

Edited by Good shot?

Just a thought are you sure you have measured the distance right?? That would be funny

That was my first thought, a Supersport isn't likely to go high enough over the limit to make that kind of difference anyway. Resting it on a hard surface can make springers throw high, another possibility could be faulty increments on the cheap scope ?!