Happy to report...

...That although the design is incredibly controversial and I'm still not sold on it... the capability isn't. The 'All New' Discovery is absolutely fantastic!!!

Had a great half day experience at Peckforton castle today and learnt a lot about the systems and driving techniques :) I still prefer the shape of the Discovery 4... but I cannot knock the new one for capability - simply fantastic :D

F4F7C408-34DE-4C7B-A3D7-3D4CEA0A8746_zps

390AC608-218A-4702-870B-E67DAFC984EA_zps

FF52D90D-2D5C-4EB0-A5D5-52D0DA72A2BB_zps

Dave :good:

I think they have spoilt the back....

The Disco Sport is a good looking vehicle but IMO the full size 7 seater just looks wrong,

Saw one in the flesh yesterday and just Urgh!

Would rather have the Range Rover Sport than full size Disco

:shaun:

It is a nice vehicle, but I'm not sure on the back my self. The interior isn't far from either the RRS or RR Vogue; it's considerably more upmarket from the 4.

The steering wheel is the exact same as the both the Range Rovers with the word Discovery in the middle not RR and the centre from the cubby box to the dash board is elevated like the RR too.

However, it's a great vehicle and still deserves the Green Oval in terms of capability.

Dave :good:

No it not! My dad has a Discovery 4, and this was the half day experience you get when you buy - however, they only had one D4 still on fleet and another couple had it so we had the new disco.

The instructor was fantastic and also assured us that the D4 was equally as capable and will do everything that the new one can do. Because of this, we didn't use the new Terrain Response 2 feature which is simply an 'auto' setting and the car will select the 'appropriate' programme and the all terrain progress control (off road cruise control). So it was essentially the same as the D4 in terms of manually selected programmes etc

Edited by WinchesterDave

I'm a Defender owner and Discovery owner but the new offerings would get stuck on a damp bowling green.

Do you know something different then to everyone else i know who owns a discovery 4 and every automotive journalist that has driven them off road, assuming the disco 5 is as good as the 4 that is! BTW most people i know with them dont just drive to the school and shops they are used for towing heavy trailers often off muddy fields at steam rallies.

Some service! :whistling:

It wouldn't start whilst I was miles away from home. Full wiring replacement and a whole host of other issues before I have my balloon payment to deal with. There's no way I'll be taking it on with a load of issues.

Plus I have been calling back with other issues which spring to mind :rolleyes:

Do you know something different then to everyone else i know who owns a discovery 4 and every automotive journalist that has driven them off road, assuming the disco 5 is as good as the 4 that is! BTW most people i know with them dont just drive to the school and shops they are used for towing heavy trailers often off muddy fields at steam rallies.

It's certainly equal to the discovery 4..

nice 4x4................its aaallll then damn electrics what put me off.....and i would be frightened getting into it without a wash and a shave.......think it would get very much a dirty used look inside if i had it.......put some decent tyres on it and im sure it would do the job... :good:

I'm fairly confident that wouldn't be the case in all honesty especially with decent at or mt tyres

We too did the LR experience when we got ours and the vehicles are impressive to say the least

The vehicles are more than capable with standard tyres

IMHO people will put a vehicle down for no other reason than they cant afford one

Bit like the new EELL is nowhere near as good as the old Beretta crew!

Edited by button

We too did the LR experience when we got ours and the vehicles are impressive to say the least

The vehicles are more than capable with standard tyres

IMHO people will put a vehicle down for no other reason than they cant afford one

Bit like the new EELL is nowhere near as good as the old Beretta crew!

Agreed