Good home for my ESS pup

sabel25

As title

I have a beautiful ess dog pup 10month old B/W

KC reg docked chipped and fully innoculated

House trained and brought up with my older ess

I bought him to bring on with my older dog for beating and shooting but as he developed his front legs are bowed

I had my vet check him out and was told he would'nt be able to cope with heavy work ie beating /shooting up to 3/4 times per week but would make an excellent pet doing light duties

He is very active fast and great nose retrieves balls

This is a first for me as i have never parted with any of my dogs but sadly i will have to let him go as it would be unfair to leave him behind everytime i go out shooting or beating

I am looking for a good loving home preferably in countryside where he enjoys walks and hunting about

Please PM me for further details or pics

Thanks

I had a pup who i took to the vet because i was worried about his Queen Anne front legs he told me he would be fine ,5 years later he is still going strong never had a problem ..Sorry i wasnt trying to make it more difficult but opinions can differ ,i guess i may just have been lucky.All the best whatever you decide to do i dont envy your decision.

I've had two ESS dogs, both with queen anne legs. First lived to just short of 10yrs; the second is now nearly 7 and still wappy and full of work.

Sorry, but in this instance, ignore your vet.

Edited by 243ack

Thanks for your feedback

But it has to do with the thicker bone growing normal and the thin bone stopped growing which has bent his legs

The vet ( who deals in authopaedic problems ) explained thoroughly and said that corrective surgery could be done but no guaranties

I did'nt wish to put the pup through stressfull ops to discover i still could'nt work him as i wished

It appears it is rare but cockers are more prone but the vet told me she had other clients with other breads of dogs with the same thing but as they are pets still were fine AS Pets

This has'nt been easy for me and still is'nt easy, and have had run ins with the breeder but got things resolved in the end

He would make an excellent sniffer dog as he's an excellent nose on him

I have had offers from local friends and nieghbours who would love to have him But have had to explain that he would just keep coming back home

Had the operation done on my second dog (the now 7 year old) when he was 5months old. Both legs at same time. Cost (the insurance Company) £2k. Put the little chap through absolute agony. I agree with you: I would not have it done again.

Outcome: no improvement.

Thanks for your input

I had my issues with this But my vet was very good at explaining the options

I was going to say you got off light but that would'nt be right

I was qouted 3k per leg min although she said she could do local op to help him

The thing is The last breeder i got my other dog said that any probs in the first 12 month bring him back and he would replace him or refund costs so i do not insure my pups

Problem i've had that the breeder i bought this pup from does'nt maintain these ethical standards and her answer to me was go through the insurance which you get 3 months free through the KC but to maintain this insurance would cost north of

Soory about that This level of insurance would be north of £40.00 pcm But i explained to the breeder that insurance is for accidents illness etc Not inherent problems ie breeding so who's to say they would've covered this sort of treatment

Sorry to go on a bit but but when it comes down to my dogs i get emotional as i have had and trained ESS since the 70's so know them pretty well

If he is for sale can you please state a price, If free to a good home then can you also state that,

I have moved it to other sales as you may have more luck there

:shaun:

Was'nt sure how to address this

I placed it in Wanted as i was wanting a good home for my pup

I was NOT putting a price on his head?

Just say if its free to good home or not mate, for what its worth I think you are absolutely doing the right thing

and a good home is more important than any money IMO.

Cheers.

Was'nt sure how to address this

I placed it in Wanted as i was wanting a good home for my pup

I was NOT putting a price on his head?

I can appreciate this but there are certain terms and conditions of the sales sections,

If he is free just put that?

Or how about Free to very caring home?

:shaun:

Just say if its free to good home or not mate, for what its worth I think you are absolutely doing the right thing

and a good home is more important than any money IMO.

Cheers.

Thanks for that

That's why i put this thread in Wanted as i wish for a good home for my pup But if i placed this as free ad i may have attracted the wrong replies

Yes he is free to a good home perhaps a donation to a good local charity might be what i am looking for?

I am open to all suggestions

Thank you to all on PW

Had the operation done on my second dog (the now 7 year old) when he was 5months old. Both legs at same time. Cost (the insurance Company) £2k. Put the little chap through absolute agony. I agree with you: I would not have it done again.

Outcome: no improvement.

That was my fears

You just answered them

my vet could see that in me at the time that this was not going to sort the problem and was very understanding but only gave me all options open. Perhaps some so called breeders should be brought into line on the ethics of breeding so called working WORKING gundogs

As title

I have a beautiful ess dog pup 10month old B/W

KC reg docked chipped and fully innoculated

House trained and brought up with my older ess

I bought him to bring on with my older dog for beating and shooting but as he developed his front legs are bowed

I had my vet check him out and was told he would'nt be able to cope with heavy work ie beating /shooting up to 3/4 times per week but would make an excellent pet doing light duties

He is very active fast and great nose retrieves balls

This is a first for me as i have never parted with any of my dogs but sadly i will have to let him go as it would be unfair to leave him behind everytime i go out shooting or beating

I am looking for a good loving home preferably in countryside where he enjoys walks and hunting about

Please PM me for further details or pics

Thanks

post-75521-0-27794000-1494755010_thumb.jpg

post-75521-0-84549900-1494755041_thumb.jpg

why not say donation to the n.e.s.s.r or even contact them they rehome a LOT of spaniels and are very careful in their vetting of new homes

only an idea .

but whatever you do make sure he,s going to somewhere that YOU are happy to let him go to

my heart goes out to you with this hard decision

What would stop anyone who ended up with the dog working it hard, anyway?

Nothing - and that's just what they want. Mine does, anyway - even though he's got a bone missing in each front leg. Doesn't hinder him at all.

My ess pup has just left with his new owner and going to a very good home and not that far from where he was born

I would like to thank everyone on PW and the pm's i received

And a thanks to Al for giving him a good home and for his donation to my charity which will be the great north air ambulance

Thanks to all