Gas Ram Air Rifle

countryman

I would like to add one to my collection but not sure which one to buy. Theoben are nice but they do have some age on them now and people do mess with them. The Benjamin Trail looks good on the reviews but most complain about the heavy Trigger. The BSA GRT seems ok as well. What are you Folks using or have had in the past.

Chris

Theoben sirocco carbine .20, bought it new and it still shoots lovely. I retro fitted a gas ram into a bsa supersport many years ago but it just wasn't nice to shoot. Can't comment on the newer gas rams though but the early theobens are nice to shoot and well engineered and finished.

Thanks for replies, triggers do Seem to be a bit of an issue. May be we have been shooting pre charged rifles for to long.

Thanks

Chris

Probably, but my early H.E, sirocco's trigger seems fine to me, even being used to precharged guns, I still find the sirocco to be very accurate.

They are variable, even between guns from the same manufacturer.

I got rid of rough and high spots and polished my BSA Lightning 25 cal and it made the world of difference.

My Hatsan (for the pressure on the sear) has a remarkably good trigger as it came (Quattro) but the previous one with the same trigger (which went back due to oversize bore) had quite a bit of creep.