Thieving Scum

Ollieollie

A gun in our shoot has a pal a keeper down Perth way, scum followed the delivery tanker,to his cottage, returned later to steal his winter fuel supply, he had a lock on the lid, so they used a hole saw to cut a hole in the tank,stole all of his fuel & wrote the tank off too.

If the man in the street stopped buying what they think is a bargain from these people would there be less of this type of crime?

Ollie, sorry to hear about that mate.

Agreed Dave but in my case as it was aluminium it may well be chopped down and scrapped.

The question is, how did the scum know that the stuff was just there in his back garden? You got to have the right collection of scum in the right place and time. Almost as if a neighbour or someone who worked on the job tipped someone off. Perhaps you can get your mate to put in a claim on his household insurance policy. If you hire something you are supposed to have it insured.

The question is, how did the scum know that the stuff was just there in his back garden? You got to have the right collection of scum in the right place and time. Almost as if a neighbour or someone who worked on the job tipped someone off. Perhaps you can get your mate to put in a claim on his household insurance policy. If you hire something you are supposed to have it insured.

Google Earth!

Google Earth!

It's only updated every few years

I'd be surprised if an item that valuable that isn't named individually would be covered.

There is not the deterrent now thieves are not scared about being caught, I hope this link works it shows a cycle thief in London in broad daylight.

Tim

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/videos/watch/watch-incredible-moment-a-brazen-thief-tries-to-steal-a-bike-off-the-back-of-a-moving-car

I'd have slammed my anchors on, then got out and had a chat with him, scumbag.

When I lived in South Africa, my best mate and fishing buddy had a colleague who lived in a nice 3 bedroomed house on the outer edge of a newish housing development on the East Rand. One weekend, almost overnight, a squatter camp appeared on the other side of the road from his estate, and two weeks later he came home from work to find his house had been cleaned out.

The insurance paid out, and he re-fitted out his house, and also spent extra money on beefing up his security protection. But all to no avail, because he got cleaned out again within the month. This time there was an added kicker, because having found out about the new squatter camp the insurance company had cancelled his policy after his initial claim on the grounds that his circumstances had drastically changed from when they'd assessed the risk and they weren't prepared to take him on at any price.

Now he had a completely empty house, nowhere to stay, and no money to replace anything. So he did what any sensible bloke would do, he called up his hoppo and they took off to go fishing for a long weekend while he thought about what he was going to do next. After all, his house had been pretty much gutted, so what more could go wrong?

Plenty. Four days later when he got back, his house was gone. Completely vanished. There was nothing left but the concrete scree it had stood on. Everything else had been lifted carted across the road to be used in the squatter camp.

But he took it well. He seemingly said to my mate that he'd known guys who'd lost just as much or more in divorces, while it was bad, at least he'd never imagined that the squatters loved him.

It just shows that things can always be worse...

Two women who used to live up the lane by me,Had some propane cannisters delivered. 2

That same night they were nicked,They must have eyes like owls.

Locked in metal mesh container,even the dog never barked.

I am talking very tall containers as well..

PS..Really took the pee though,they left their empty ones.

Agreed Dave but in my case as it was aluminium it may well be chopped down and scrapped.

Could also be someone handy with a tig welder, and make some nice high seats. So be warned forum members !!. If your offered custom built high seats, at a cheap price. This could be ollies ally. Just as well we tower above these scum bags.

Google Earth!

It's only updated every few years

I'd be surprised if an item that valuable that isn't named individually would be covered.

in the hire industry it is part of the hire contract that you have insurance cover for stuff that goes missing. The stupid part of home insurance cover is that if my tools get nicked from the garden shed they are covered. if my tools get nicked from my place of work that has cameras and alarmed they are not. Bonkers.

Edited by fortune

Can anyone clarify my position here?

So the scaffold is owned by me, i lent it to him for £100, no paperwork to prove an agreement(as hes supposed to be a mate) and no way of proving the £100 changed hands. As has been said items on hire are the responsibility of the user until returned to the real owner, i suppose this doesnt apply as there is no paperwork so would there be a chance of recovering money through a civil claim or any other way?????

Cheers

Can anyone clarify my position here?

So the scaffold is owned by me, i lent it to him for £100, no paperwork to prove an agreement(as hes supposed to be a mate) and no way of proving the £100 changed hands. As has been said items on hire are the responsibility of the user until returned to the real owner, i suppose this doesnt apply as there is no paperwork so would there be a chance of recovering money through a civil claim or any other way? ????

Cheers

What you did was have a legally binding verbal contract to hire out the scaffold for a £100.