Thieving Scum

Ollieollie

I had a call yesterday from a mate to inform me that in the region of £3000 worth of my youngman boss tower scaffold that i has lent him has been robbed from his back garden. At 10:30am an unmarked scaffold wagon with three blokes stopped at his house in broad daylight on a busy road and dismantled the lot, must have taken a good 45 mins. The neighbours seen it happen but presumed it was legit understandably. The cheeky ********. Police have given me a crime number and said there is nothing they can do, the officer discreetly said its so common it just won't/can't get investigated. Hardly surprising as there is no real deterrent if caught.

The amount of theft in my area recently is astounding

AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ollie that is terrible and really, really feel for you, absolute low life's that have absolutely no morals or respect for others. The scaffolders who done my house last year told me they had had gear robbed from them in the past which cost them thousands. That is the thing the neighbours have thought it was all above board because of their sheer audacity!

Hope for you that at some long shot it turns up. Use social media and may help to get a result!

atb

7diaw

Crime these days would be a joke if it did not cost us our hard earned money. Who the hell do these scum think they are. I had a Tractor stolen , the Police had a good idea who it was and so did I, but they got away with no punishment because this is what they do to get all that they have in life and know how to work the lame system. You have my sympathies.

Chris.

Not so long ago, a mate of mine spent two weeks building an wooden extended 2 story veranda on the end of a house, on the Saturday night, close to completion, a gang of scrotes turned up and dismantled it, leaving the uprights that were sunk into the ground, no-one saw a thing, or claimed they hadn't but given the noise generated, someone must have heard or saw something, but, alas no.

I was just talking about this the other day, you have to understand that 'normal people' start their day doing whatever it is they do be it climbing into a tractor, sitting in an office, consulting etc.

The ***** trash start their day scanning, literally looking as they drive around in their 4x4's paid for in cash for anything that can be lifted either on the spot or return for it later. That is their mindset that is their job, to go out and take what they want however they want to give themselves a better life (which incidentally they believe is their right).

There's an old chapel two doors up from my parents house. A few years ago, a flatbed lorry parked outside it, and started to remove the old stone pavings. They told my father that the path was going to be concreted instead. They were there for 1.5 days and my parents made them tea and gave them cake etc. It turned out that they were thieving the flagstones, as they are worth good money!

I was just talking about this the other day, you have to understand that 'normal people' start their day doing whatever it is they do be it climbing into a tractor, sitting in an office, consulting etc.

The ***** trash start their day scanning, literally looking as they drive around in their 4x4's paid for in cash for anything that can be lifted either on the spot or return for it later. That is their mindset that is their job, to go out and take what they want however they want to give themselves a better life (which incidentally they believe is their right).

Very good observation Jaggsy!

A couple of weeks ago I had a load of scrap copper stolen from my yard.

White transit with 3 guys in drove into the yard in the middle of the day and 2 got out and just loaded it in. It was a bath filled with cut up copper pipe so probably a few quids worth.

There were people in the yard but they didn't know that these people weren't legit. I have about 10 cameras covering the yard and the evidence was give to to police. Clear registration number which isn't registered to anykne and has no tax, insurance or MOT.

No action taken as it's all too common.

Hope you get your tower back but don't hold your breath.

Edd

Sadly you are completely correct. Mate had his Defender 90 pick up stolen about 2 weeks ago. It was in really bad condition and I never new how it kept passing an mot but it did. One morning it was gone found about 1 week later by his mate in an area where we all thought it would be, few bits removed but mostly it was like before it was stolen mainly because it was in such bad state, if it was better condition it would of been completely stripped.

Area I grew up in you knew if you left something outside chances were it would walk, if it was bikes in shed or fishing tackle, at some point chances are someone would try and take it. Dog always earned there tea let em bark a bit!!

I don't live in same area anymore but know its not as bad, where I am now I've never heard of anything going till a few weeks ago when a neighbour lost there ladders.

What really gets me is the we can't do anything about it by the police, its a crime if the op had caught the scrotes removing his scaffolding and given them a good Beating like they deserve then the police would have looked into it

I had this explained to me like this by an ex-copper.

Theft is an important part of the economy to some sections of society.

The owner will hopefully have his goods insured so he will be fully compensated. This keeps lots of people in employment in the claims department of the insurance companies.

The actual thieves will sell at below market value for cash which will then be returned to the economy when they buy goods and services with the money.

The buyer of the stolen items will get a bargain so they will be happy and put it to good use to generate income.

The manufacturer of the items will be gainfully employed making new items to replace those that have been stolen

The Police will not make much effort to catch the thieves but dutifully give a crime number for the insurance etc which will justify their existence without much effort.

And so it goes on.

Tin helmet on

Edited by fern01

Couple of years back,there was a locked area where they kept skips in cambs.

They turned up Saturday morning and left a couple of hours later,no hurry.

They wore bright yellow coats and looked like regular workmen working over..

Damn right,they were the usual scum..

Nieghbours thought it was legit.??.

No cash for scrap now,So they have turned into more brazen ways of stealing..

Big lad I know, joiner to trade had his house broken into and valuable goods taken. Police did not seem interested but word got back to said Big Lad about who had done the deed, he took this information to local police who told him that without evidence they could do nothing. Unlike most people on here the Big Lad was not a certificate or license holder so he proceeded to mete out his own justice to the thief. Thief reported him for this administration of justice and Big Lad was fined £300 and given a suspended sentence, maintained it was the most satisfactory £300 he had ever spent. As said above he was not a shooting person, so dont try this at home.

Blackpowder

This nothing new in the early seventies my dad had a phone call from a mate coud he pick up for work as he had tried start his car it woud not turn over and take him to get a new battery at lunch time at the end of work they went to the car lifted the bonnet no engine some one took the engine out over night dad coudent stop laughing at tea when he told us what had happened

It's not new unfortunately about 25 years ago so friends neighbours moved house they sold a large steel and tin prefab barn.

A large lorry turned up we where all having a BBQ said they'd come to collect the barn. It took them 2 lorry loads and 2 days friends even gave them some cold drinks etc as it was hot.

About a week late then new owners of the barn turned up to collect it!!!!! Then the police to investigate.

I had this explained to me like this by an ex-copper.

Theft is an important part of the economy to some sections of society.

The owner will hopefully have his goods insured so he will be fully compensated. This keeps lots of people in employment in the claims department of the insurance companies.

The actual thieves will sell at below market value for cash which will then be returned to the economy when they buy goods and services with the money.

The buyer of the stolen items will get a bargain so they will be happy and put it to good use to generate income.

The manufacturer of the items will be gainfully employed making new items to replace those that have been stolen

The Police will not make much effort to catch the thieves but dutifully give a crime number for the insurance etc which will justify their existence without much effort.

And so it goes on.

Tin helmet on

I don't think that you need the tin hat because that is about the truth of this matter. I know that the police have a hard job to do but I haven't got much time for them because of this attitude. You and I are paying for a service that isn't being provided. If they haven't got the manpower or resources to do the job why go to the end of the world to chase someone who either has some minor misdomenour like a stop light bulbs or something. The courts are a lot to blame as well. Still this is what you got for being part of Europe. Human rights!! The scum that were convicted of the child rape in Rotherham in 2012 are still here fighting through the courts to stop being deported. At our expense. Roaming the town where they comited the attrocites. The sooner we are out the better. That's if someone does something about this

The fact is if these people have got the guts not the rite word for it but to take stuff like this they can and do get away with it mind you it is not helped by people today not being friendly with there neighbours and telling that someone is going to be doing something shortly does not always work but its all we have really the police cannot be everywhere and with the government cuts all that we can do is get a crime number and hope that the item is insured.

There is a bloke just round the corner who is ex. He was a good bloke that used to really get stuck into sorting stuff out and getting something done about things but the system eventually dragged him down and he said that he couldn't wait to take the pension and go doing something else. I saw him a while back and he now does a lot of private lawn mowing and part time porterage in a hospital. He loves it now. Stress off.

There is a bloke just round the corner who is ex. He was a good bloke that used to really get stuck into sorting stuff out and getting something done about things but the system eventually dragged him down and he said that he couldn't wait to take the pension and go doing something else. I saw him a while back and he now does a lot of private lawn mowing and part time porterage in a hospital. He loves it now. Stress off.

someone off my estate used to drive up and down the A1 targeting farms for diesel, he got caught with a van full of jerry cans of fuel off to court £50 fine and away you go. Fuel thefts continued he was targeted and caught again, off to court and guess what another small fine and off you go.

Is it any wonder police get dragged down by it all as when they do make arrests they receive little or no support from the justice system.

someone off my estate used to drive up and down the A1 targeting farms for diesel, he got caught with a van full of jerry cans of fuel off to court £50 fine and away you go. Fuel thefts continued he was targeted and caught again, off to court and guess what another small fine and off you go.

Is it any wonder police get dragged down by it all as when they do make arrests they receive little or no support from the justice system.

Yep there was another such in north Northumberland( deceased) never paid roasd tax never bought fuel for boat or car.

Blackpowder