The new Defender

old'un

I hope they get it right too. I think we will just have to take it for what it is. Another Chelsea tractor, posh school bus.

The defender is dead, long live the defender.

I'd still have one though

If you are referring to your avitar technically it's not a defender!!! 1991 onwards are defenders

no mate, i was on about the end of the defender as we know it :good::good:

I was jesting!!

What ever they come up with I personally don't think it will grip the hearts of "defender" purists.

I'm sure it will be a very capable vehicle but lack that charm we all fall for

proberly has at least 6 miles of electric wiring..............my defender will run without a battery...will that one ?...............

Don't think the new one would even let you in without its battery.

If they are the pics of the new defender for production they are old photos that have been around for quite a while. Can't wait to see the list price. Land Rover lost lots of farmers to pickups, don't think this new defender will tempt them back, more of a lifestyle.vehicle for the jet ski and city boys.

Don't think the new one would even let you in without its battery.

If they are the pics of the new defender for production they are old photos that have been around for quite a while. Can't wait to see the list price. Land Rover lost lots of farmers to pickups, don't think this new defender will tempt them back, more of a lifestyle.vehicle for the jet ski and city boys.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think pickup manufacturers should be worried..

Design a car for farmers or another Chelsea tractor......hmmm, decisions decisions!

Must have taken at least 4 seconds to deliberate

How true...

I do think Land Rover will partly get it right; it will be phenomenal in the off road department...

However, I do also believe you may worry about putting your muddy dog in the back and jumping in with muddy wellies after a day's shooting...

Design a car for farmers or another Chelsea tractor......hmmm, decisions decisions!

Must have taken at least 4 seconds to deliberate

To be fair it cant be a hard buisness choice...

Make something easily maintained but then needing more expensive labour to produce and losing servicing income thus needing a high list price to be decently profitable, but has to compete with far eastern budget offerings.

Vs

Make something easily produced by machines with lots of bits of finite life expectancy that need the dealer to fix and sells to people who budget a pile a month for their motoring.

If i had shares in whichever conglomerate own landrover these days i would be happy with their decision. As a landrover enthusiast i am however rather disappointed.

To be fair it cant be a hard buisness choice...

Make something easily maintained but then needing more expensive labour to produce and losing servicing income thus needing a high list price to be decently profitable, but has to compete with far eastern budget offerings.

Vs

Make something easily produced by machines with lots of bits of finite life expectancy that need the dealer to fix and sells to people who budget a pile a month for their motoring.

If i had shares in whichever conglomerate own landrover these days i would be happy with their decision. As a landrover enthusiast i am however rather disappointed.

Totally hear what you're saying.

The way I see it is the new cars are simply the way forward, and there are enough land rovers about to tinker with for another forty years like we have been for the last forty years. After that I won't be around and it's someone else's dilemma.