Beretta 682 Gold Sporter 12 gauge

Beretta 682 Gold Sporter

£1,395

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Excellent Condition Airdrie, North Lanarkshire
Over and Under, Multi Choke, Multi Choke, 30" barrels
Img_0202 Img_0205 Img_0210

Description

My 682 Gold Sporter is in EXCELLENT condition. The unmarked action is still tight and the highly figured wood has recently been professionally refinished. A new Beretta micro core has been fitted. The gun comes with 6 flush chokes, choke key, choke case and the original manufacturer's hard case.

The seller of this gun doesn't appear to be a Pigeon Watch member, to contact them please use the details on Gun Watch.

I have just taken the Beretta 682 Gold out of the cabinet and realised that I am too attached to this classic gun to sell it. It is a proper Beretta, manufactured in the ninties, with a superior build quality and finish that you do not find on the newer guns. Lloyd90 asked about the colour of the action last night. I said it was dark grey but the truth is in the morning light it appears iridescent and in my opinion is the most aesthetically pleasing finish that Beretta have used on an action. It is certainly one of the most hard wearing. Everything on the gun works with a satisfying smoothness and almost boring reliability. The 682's barrels do not have the design and technology found in my DT11. The chamber and forcing cones are smaller on the 682, the diameter is tighter and the chokes are much shorter. This does not prevent the 682 from smoking targets if you point the barrels in the right direction. This is a subjective point but the wood has lots of figure and colour that just adds to the aesthetic appeal of the gun. It is a working tool but it simply exudes quality and class. It brings a smile to my face everytime it is removed from the slip. My intention was to give someone else the opportunity to shoot with one of the best guns that Beretta ever made. I have now decided to keep the 682 with the rest of my Beretta clan. Apologies on this matter.

Edited by miroku_fan

If I had sold the gun the money would have gone into cartridges and after a few months the classic 682 Gold would have been nothing more than a memory. I would much prefer to hold on to this gun unless I was convinced that the new owner would fully appreciate the pedigree and performance of this Beretta. I do not mean to be disrespectful but £1400 does not buy much if you are in the market for a quality competition gun. It would buy me 5000 cartridges. What really influenced my decision was that I received an email from a potential buyer from another website who basically was dictating the conditions of the sale and was making out that he was doing me a favour by taking this gun off my hands. What he failed to see was that my gun is in excellent condition and my sale price was a fair one. He could buy cheaper from the trade and get a warranty. My response was simply to purchase the other gun. I am happy to remain the custodian of this piece of Beretta history.

Tightchoke it is highly unlikely that you will wear out the 682. If you do then rest assured it is a cheap fix to have the gun totally rebuilt by GMK or your favourite gunsmith.

Oh I know, I had four of the original 682s and had the shoulders and stubs changed on two of them.

If I had sold the gun the money would have gone into cartridges and after a few months the classic 682 Gold would have been nothing more than a memory. I would much prefer to hold on to this gun unless I was convinced that the new owner would fully appreciate the pedigree and performance of this Beretta. I do not mean to be disrespectful but £1400 does not buy much if you are in the market for a quality competition gun. It would buy me 5000 cartridges. What really influenced my decision was that I received an email from a potential buyer from another website who basically was dictating the conditions of the sale and was making out that he was doing me a favour by taking this gun off my hands. What he failed to see was that my gun is in excellent condition and my sale price was a fair one. He could buy cheaper from the trade and get a warranty. My response was simply to purchase the other gun. I am happy to remain the custodian of this piece of Beretta history.

If it had been a 32" one I'd have paid you the asking (if not a bit more) without hesitation and I would have signed a letter promising to fully appreciate its pedigree and performance. The wood would have come off and gone into storage, cheap Trap wood would have been sourced and when the time came to eventually sell it the original wood would have returned me a tidy return. :lol::)

You did the right thing.

The problem that I would have with 32" barrels on the 682 Gold is that would make for an extremely muzzle heavy gun. The handling would be similiar to swinging a caveman's club. Even the 30" barrels, actually 29.5", makes for a deliberate and controlled swing and you are aware of the heft. I have added two Muller chokes which extend 1.5" from the barrels and add virtually no weight. My gunsmith has drilled a cavity in the stock beneath the stock bolt hole and added lead to have the gun balance just in front of the hinge pin. This has dramatically improved the handling of the gun. The gun now weighs 8.2lbs.

I don't blame you for keeping it, I sold mine ten years ago and have missed it ever since.

They don't make 'em like that anymore!