BBC Pay

Salopian

As I've said on the numerous occasions this conversation has been had on here, presenting live TV is much harder than it looks, in fact that's the whole point of the good ones - they make it look easy. Look how many chat type shows fail and anyone can see those that can do it well like Graham Norton, Claudia Winkleman etc are in a very small pool of people and that's why they get that money. Gary Lineker is one of the few sports people who can anchor a show, normally they end up with a presenter and a sportsperson a la Claire Balding so he is a very rare creature hence the big bucks.

Compare these rates to the commercial sector, Ant and Dec have just signed five million each per year for their two shows on ITV for I believe 10 shows of each so the BBC rates are well below market average.

the good thing about these high wages is they will be paying a lot of Tax ! well they will be won't they? surely they will all be paying Tax like all honest working people do !

I'm sure they are all honest Tax paying employees of the BBC arn't they ? DD

the good thing about these high wages is they will be paying a lot of Tax ! well they will be won't they? surely they will all be paying Tax like all honest working people do !

I'm sure they are all honest Tax paying employees of the BBC arn't they ? DD

Oh ye of little faith Tony!

Spend some time on you tube and you'll find that natural presenting skills are not the rare talent some would have you believe.

Whilst there is some utter dross, it's not difficult to find any number of channels that cater for whatever your interests are, all done by people for little or no reward.

I find most have way more talent and personality than anyone I've seen on telly'.

Depends on what you class as entertainment.

We only had a TV when the kids were young, I wouldn't have one now if they were free.

Politicians and the press have made a big deal of Dan walker and Louise minchin presenting the news together and walker getting a higher salary, yet today naga munchetty and Charlie stayt presented the news and she is on the higher wage. So far I've not heard any protests from our politicians or press.

I find it amusing that the same old tired reason gets wheeled out when extreme high salaries are spoke of.you have to pay big to get and keep the best.well it's because of this reason that the country has been in a dreadful financial state for over ten years now and no end in sight.perhaps it's time to let the lessor mortals have a go.cant make any worse job of it.

I find it amusing that the same old tired reason gets wheeled out when extreme high salaries are spoke of.you have to pay big to get and keep the best.well it's because of this reason that the country has been in a dreadful financial state for over ten years now and no end in sight.perhaps it's time to let the lessor mortals have a go.cant make any worse job of it.

Absolutely correct.