Wladimir Klitschko

Gordon R

Wlad has announced his retirement - so no rematch with Anthony Joshua.

He is not the best heavyweight boxer I have ever seen, nor the most exciting, but he has been a dignified champion. His retirement statement is probably something David Haye might aspire to write, but I doubt he ever could.

I will miss him.

He was made to look average in his early days, some famous stunning defeats but then learned to be more defensive and cagey

And despite all the hype about Joshua, klitschko made him look average in their last fight. I am surprised he did not have a last big money fight with Joshua.

Edited by ordnance

And despite all the hype about Joshua, klitschko made him look average in their last fight. I am surprised[/size] he did not have a last big money fight with Joshua. [/size]

I reckon he considered his health to be more important. He is a Savy business man amongst other things and doubt he will have any financial worries.

All the money in the world is of no use if you don't have your health.

He made te correct decision in my eyes.

Don't think he would have beat Joshua in a rematch anyway.

He had his chance and really should have put him away in the first fight.

And despite all the hype about Joshua, klitschko made him look average in their last fight. I am surprised[/size] he did not have a last big money fight with Joshua. [/size]

It stands to reason that as Joshua moves up in class he will be made to look more average/inexperienced, he either improves or ends up on his backside! Whatever you think of Klitschko he had class......

What worries me is his not his inability to protect himself when hurt! Experience hopefully will take care of that!.......but his Brunoesque lack of head movement!

Edited by panoma1