Lyalvale Supreme Game 20g

Went to nearest supplier as was low on cartridges,the choice was poor so ended up with Lyalvale Supreme Game.I have avoided Lyalvale Express for 10 years as had issues with their clay loads and they would change a 'deformed batch'. Well blow me down these 'premium/expensive shells' whilst kill well literally blow bits of the OUTER casing up the barrel?!!......It was only when I got back and was counting the empties I noticed how worringly bad it was..I shall return both the offending box/empty cases and remainder of the slab. It cannot just be bad luck though that twice I have fault and both times it has been this respected manufacturer.....I am an old luddite so have no idea how to upload pictures but at least half an inch of outer casing has simply been blown up the tubes(and I don't mean the crimp)........verging on dangerous. These were their 30g 5s(it was that or plastic wad 8s and I dont shoot plastic).....I don't like 30g loads in a 20........it was fired throw a superior proofed 3 inch chamber so was not wrong cartridge in wrong gun reasons...........Has anybody else had this issue as I cannot believe it is just me?..Anyhow Lyalvale will be waiting more than 10 years this time before I use their product again.....

How odd. I've used their products for many years in 12, 20 and .410. Never even had a misfire. (A few have missed their target, though!!).

Oh I can miss with any cartridge....I did not have any misfires is was more the fact that the outer shells 'let go'....

Do the same cartridges do it in a different gun ?

good question have couple of other 20's could try them through but if my main game gun don't like 'em they are not really for me.....I am going to take them back from where I bought them and see what they have to say...not mad on the idea of checking up the barrels after every shot.

Over crimped?

What does an unfired one look like at crimp end?

totally normal?..like any other manufacturer?It was particularly the shell on the right which worried me...a few cracks,although bit worse than usual(ie the one on left)not a real concern?.....I'm guessing cramming 30g in is bit much but never had issue with Blackgold...although to be honest I never usually go over an oz in the 20's.......

I emailed Lyalvale Express and have had their response; ''we are aware of this issue it occurs when chambers and barrels get warm or shots are taken in quick succession due to the polymers in the cases stretching.They are perfectly safe to shoot although we have now had our case manufacturers alter their cases so this will not happen in the future''.

So i guess as they state they are safe I shall use them up...interestingly though they have altered the casings....I had @ 120 shots in 4 hours.......warm barrels at times but not exactly glowing hot!!.....

Sounds like they've identified the issue, assessed it and deemed it safe, and put a corrective action in place.

So .. a problem, but not big enough for a recall as your experiences would back up.

Top marks for feeding this back to them, as I'm sure no manufacturer wants to have a big quality issue on their hands.

I emailed Lyalvale Express and have had their response; ''we are aware of this issue it occurs when chambers and barrels get warm or shots are taken in quick succession due to the polymers in the cases stretching.They are perfectly safe to shoot although we have now had our case manufacturers alter their cases so this will not happen in the future''.

So i guess as they state they are safe I shall use them up...interestingly though they have altered the casings....I had @ 120 shots in 4 hours.......warm barrels at times but not exactly glowing hot!!.....

There is obviously a fault in the cases as they have admitted!....did they not offer to replace them?