A speeding question for the naughty boys - Got laser vanned on the M4

Mungler

I'm told they even use helicopters to catch people between fixed Truvelo points, (those odd little white squares you see painted on the road in pairs). :blush:

Those are fixed distance spots for use with VASCAR, nothing to do with truvelo.

Yes, you're quite right, I stand corrected.

Cat.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moral of the story, keep a careful eye open for white vans in lay-bys, on verges or overbridges, if you're on the ball you should be able to spot them before they can gun you.

Cat.

I was done on the A14 doing 82 in a 70, I was sent two very nice photographs. The 1st recorded my speed, I was 864m from the camera (not even a sporting chance) when the 1st photo was taken. The second was a close up so you could see the number plate and the driver.....

I was done £350 14 years ago for doing 72 in a 40 limit (went around a bend, saw the 40 limit sign, slapped on the brakes and there was a fuzz carrying a hair dryer).

This was in North Wales !!!

Sent a letter and luckily (?) didn't get banned.

Taught me a lesson

I've done 750,000 since with no ticket but the lesson was to take care.

I've always thought since that doing 30 over the limit should equate to a ban or or a penalty of 4-6 months salary.

Don

I was done £350 14 years ago for doing 72 in a 40 limit (went around a bend, saw the 40 limit sign, slapped on the brakes and there was a fuzz carrying a hair dryer).

Taught me a lesson

I've always thought since that doing 30 over the limit should equate to a ban or or a penalty of 4-6 months salary.

Don

What? while all the criminals are running around causing misery for thousands and getting community punishments, cautions, and fines which they dont pay. You think that someone speeding should be fined 4-6 months salary?

Are you;

Richard Brunstrom.

Or do you work for a "safety camera partnership", or the government.

If not, you should, genius. :lol:

This morning I followed one of these "Safety Camera Vans" through St Albans.

I'd like to pick a couple of holes...

1 - He drove at less than 20mph

2 - When the old lady with the Labrador was waiting at the zebra crossing, the driver on the opposite side to her stopped, but to my sheer disbelief the "Safety Camera Van" continued on through the junction!, Of course I wasn't so stupid and allowed the pedestrian to cross. Do they not know the law regarding zebra crossings ?

3 - When I caught up with said van again, he turned right at the roundabout without indicating, even though there was traffic coming from each exit of the roundabout.

fool.

Sorry to here you got caught Mungler

I've been done twice myself, nothing big though.

But thats what you get for braking the law.

Speed DOSE kill, A guy round our way was doing about 90 on the M25 the other day had a blow-out span into another car which resulted in the death of the other driver. Theres lots of other things that happen on the road that speeding drivers don't have time to react to.

When on a clay shoot and not at the stand do you walk around with the Gun closed ?

After all its not a closed Gun that kills

people always go on about the Police should be out catching real Crim's. Lets think, Murder is about the worst crime that can be commited. Know the most amount of unnatural deaths in the UK is carried out by the licenced UK motorist, not gun crime not armed rob or stabbings. So are they not tackeling the problem of serious crime.

PELTMAN :lol:

does the speed limit you were caught at include the 10% reduction due to calibration?.pitty no white vans on the road so you could blame deflection,as i was told by a traffic officer is the only thing that can deflect and multiply speed at a freinds recent court hearing.

At least you get to look at your pics. :lol: I have just got my second bit thru today giving me 28 days to pay £60 + 3 points (for 61 in a 50). On all of the NIP's (was done in wifes car) it stated that the documneted evidece would only be produced for a court case. :lol: This is the Hampshire plod and a mobile camera van

Trev

PS No it wasn't in the frontera. :oops:

Taught me a lesson

Don

What? while all the criminals are running around causing misery for thousands and getting community punishments, cautions, and fines which they dont pay. You think that someone speeding should be fined 4-6 months salary?

Are you;

Richard Brunstrom.

If not, you should, genius. :thumbs:

Lots of people speed intentionally, and normally get away with it. If you don't get away with it then why whinge?

Try excusing your speed to relatives of someone that you may have injured - and don't tell me that your reflexes are faster than the other mutts, and it won't happen....

The fact that the law in some other aspects is **** is no argument - try drinking a 'little bit' over the limit and then saying his crime was worse than yours when someone gets killed.

Sorry for ranting, but if you get caught doing something that you shouldn't then don't start pointing the finger at others.

and yes - I also do 80 on the motorway with one eye on the mirror, but I won't complain if I get caught.

Don

Taught me a lesson

Don

Are you;

Richard Brunstrom.

If not, you should, genius. :thumbs:

Lots of people speed intentionally, and normally get away with it. If you don't get away with it then why whinge?

Try excusing your speed to relatives of someone that you may have injured - and don't tell me that your reflexes are faster than the other mutts, and it won't happen....

The fact that the law in some other aspects is **** is no argument - try drinking a 'little bit' over the limit and then saying his crime was worse than yours when someone gets killed.

Sorry for ranting, but if you get caught doing something that you shouldn't then don't start pointing the finger at others.

and yes - I also do 80 on the motorway with one eye on the mirror, but I won't complain if I get caught.

Don

Drink driving is a totally different issue. Its proven to cause accidents . Speeding has not.

The national transport laboratory statistics point speed alone to be significant in 6% of crashes. Inattention at the wheel, not waring glasses, drink driving are the main contributors.

To say try explaining to someones relatives etc, is simplistic. Most crashes are caused by other factors as previously explained and berieved relatives may choose to blame speeding for their loss as its easy for them to understand.

As it happens i have always had a clean license, but have been involved in two serious crashes caused by others that were within the speed limit. Incompepent driving was the cause in both cases.

Nothing is done to deal with the real killers on the roads. If speed trapping worked there would be a cut in road deaths right? well there hasnt been. It runs at about 3,500 a year. Year after year.

I still dont see why you think that drivers should be punished more severely for a road traffic offence than a violent criminal. If it was the case that every time someone speeds an accident was caused then ok, but most people speed and nothing happens. Except that 6%. Violent criminals injure, and often kill people any time they feel like it.

Andy.

Drink driving is a totally different issue. Its proven to cause accidents . Speeding has not.

The national transport laboratory statistics point speed alone to be significant in 6% of crashes. Inattention at the wheel, not waring glasses, drink driving are the main contributors.

To say try explaining to someones relatives etc, is simplistic. Most crashes are caused by other factors as previously explained and berieved relatives may choose to blame speeding for their loss as its easy for them to understand.

As it happens i have always had a clean license, but have been involved in two serious crashes caused by others that were within the speed limit. Incompepent driving was the cause in both cases.

Nothing is done to deal with the real killers on the roads. If speed trapping worked there would be a cut in road deaths right? well there hasnt been. It runs at about 3,500 a year. Year after year.

I still dont see why you think that drivers should be punished more severely for a road traffic offence than a violent criminal. If it was the case that every time someone speeds an accident was caused then ok, but most people speed and nothing happens. Except that 6%. Violent criminals injure, and often kill people any time they feel like it.

Andy.

Andy

THE MAIN CONTRIBUTOR IS THE SPEED the factors you mention only become a factor because of the speed. If everybody drove at 1mph how many deaths/acc would happen then.

I don't think you could get a blow-out at 1mph the faster you go the more chance there is so the speed is the factor, if you aint got your glasses on you don't see the kid step in the road until the last sec 1mph you might have time to stop if not the kid will walk out the way at 35mph you might not stop and kill the kid, SO ITS THE SPEED not that you forgot your glasses.

Get a grip, all these barriers and crying about getting done for speeding gets on my pecs

Do the crime pay the fine and if you murder someone while speeding you should get 25years.

Now lets put this to bed shale we

PELTMAN

Sorry Peltman but that is cack. Trying to justify every accident due to the fact the car is moving ?

Get a grip, do you drive everywhere at 1 mph ? And if you do go over your self imposed limit how the hell do you define " murder " ? :lol:

Sorry Peltman but that is cack. Trying to justify every accident due to the fact the car is moving ?

Get a grip, do you drive everywhere at 1 mph ? And if you do go over your self imposed limit how the hell do you define " murder " ? :lol:

For what reason do we have speed limits ?

How can it be cack, if your not moving you aint gonna have a accident. Sorry but thats the way it is.

The law on speed limits is set so we do get somewhere at some stage but with the least amount of chance of an accident.

I find it funny when others can't see someting that i think is so easy to see. But its good that were not all the same. If i wasn't posting a reply to you i'd be watching some tosh on the box.

Murder:

If you carry out an unlawful act that results in the death of another, should you be driving at 28mph in a 30mph zone and kill someone in an accident then thats not murder because the law says you can drive at that speed even though if you had been driving at 10mph it wouldn't have happend.

PELTMAN

Sorry mate I dont get your logic on this.

If we all drive at ten mph all is good, if we drive at 28 mph and someone dies its ok because we didnt break the law but if somone dies in an accident at 31 mph its murder ?

So do you drive every where at 29 mph or do you not in fact have a motor ?

Sorry mate I dont get your logic on this.

If we all drive at ten mph all is good, if we drive at 28 mph and someone dies its ok because we didnt break the law but if somone dies in an accident at 31 mph its murder ?

So do you drive every where at 29 mph or do you not in fact have a motor ?

No all is not good at 10mph but there is less chance that something will go wrong.

No its not OK if someone dies in an accident at 28mph but you were within the law to be doing that speed so its not Murder.

I do drive and i do speed like 99% of all other drivers, the only dif is that if i get done for it i'll just pay my fine or do 25 years inside for killing someone, thats the price you pay for breaking the law.

Do you break the law when it comes to the use of your Gun/s. You was given a licence on the understanding that you whould obay the laws for the use of, as you were given a driving licence on the understanding you would obay the laws of the road. If you don't do either and you get caught then you should lose that licence.

PELTMAN

Never heard of any one getting 25 yrs for murder let alone hitting some one at 31mph ?

Of course at 10 mph there is less chance of anyone getting hurt, but there is even less chance of an accident on the road if we all stayed in bed.

Of course I dont break the law regarding my gun licence but the two licences are not comparable. Being in chage of my shotguns as I am now breaks no law, driving at ten miles per hour does = obstruction of the highway.

Not sure how to reply to your last sentance :lol:

Never heard of any one getting 25 yrs for murder let alone hitting some one at 31mph ?

Of course at 10 mph there is less chance of anyone getting hurt, but there is even less chance of an accident on the road if we all stayed in bed.

Of course I dont break the law regarding my gun licence but the two licences are not comparable. Being in chage of my shotguns as I am now breaks no law, driving at ten miles per hour does = obstruction of the highway.

Not sure how to reply to your last sentance :lol:

ANYWAY

"WELCOME TO THE FORTY CLUB" on Thursday

PELTMAN :lol:

[For what reason do we have speed limits ?

PELTMAN

Compare with German Autobahns?

Speed limit set long ago and not applicabale to modern cars, should be raised to 80mph at least.

For the record I'm not talking any else but motorways which statistically the safest roads.