steel for driven duck

A lot of talking about steel shot i think a lot of people give comments about steel but never used it...her in belgium nobody shoots bismuth or tunsten whe al shoot steel and nobody complaints...

Thats interesting.. Is it HP steel they use or non HP. Or on Belgium is it all just classified as steel?

The risk in this country is buying steel carts that are too powerful for the gun to handle. I've heard that even some of those in 70mm cases say on the box not to use in chambers less than 76mm

Here's what I understand.

Standard steel up to shot size 4 can be used in any gun with the same size chamber as the cart an any choke.

Standard steel bigger than 4s can be used in a standard gun with a maximum of half choke.

HP steel should only be used in steel proofed guns due to the increased pressure required to up the speed to offset the loss in momentum required to hit as hard as lead.

So what's the best load for Ducks with a non steel proofed modern o/u with 70mm chamber and 1/4 & 3/4 choke.

Or are ducks just not possible to shoot steel without unnecessary wounding unless shot within 25 meters.

I have only shot steel clay loads at similar shot sizes to lead and to be honest I was totally disappointed with them.

Thats interesting.. Is it HP steel they use or non HP. Or on Belgium is it all just classified as steel?

The risk in this country is buying steel carts that are too powerful for the gun to handle. I've heard that even some of those in 70mm cases say on the box not to use in chambers less than 76mm

Standard steel up to shot size 4 can be used in any gun with the same size chamber as the cart an any choke.

Standard steel bigger than 4s can be used in a standard gun with a maximum of half choke.

HP steel should only be used in steel proofed guns due to the increased pressure required to up the speed to offset the loss in momentum required to hit as hard as lead.

So what's the best load for Ducks with a non steel proofed modern o/u with 70mm chamber and 1/4 & 3/4 choke.

Or are ducks just not possible to shoot steel without unnecessary wounding unless shot within 25 meters.

I have only shot steel clay loads at similar shot sizes to lead and to be honest I was totally disappointed with them.

Non hp most people shooting gamebore supersteel 32 gr nr 4 and 5 in older guns...if you shoot a duck at 20 meter with 1/2 choke and e 32gram nr 4 you wont eat em

Steel 3s for geese?

And your point is ?

I've found in real life most who moan/ claim Steel shot does not kill cleanly even more so at range.

Can't shoot for Toffee and would still have a problem no matter what type of shot they use.

Short story i loaded some steel 32grm 4's in some shot Tungsten Matrix cases. Put them in the original box the shooter kept saying see Tungsten kills 😂

I find there is a hell of a lot of rubbish talked about steel shot. Most of the 'warnings' written on the side of the boxes are purely **** covering. I am perfectly happy using HP steel in my non-steel proofed o/u game gun with full chokes.

Steel 3s for geese?

Yep, they do a good job.