17 hmr mod

Beagrie92

I think the Predator 8 is too big on my stainless varmint 243, if I could be 4rsed to sort the variation I would swap it for a DPT.

Pred 8 maybe ok on 22-250, but thats a CF, too big for a rimfire IMO.

Dont know if Wildcat still do the Whisper model for rimfires or even if its any good. Youre never going to get the hmr down to 22lr subs noise levels, so for me the SAK is perfect. My hmr is a short barrelled varmint CZ452, so with the SAK being short and stubby too, doesnt make it a chore using it from a vehicle.

For a small compact mod that works well get an lei.

If you want a cheaper obtain then a sak..the .17 hmr is not like a rim fire it makes one hell of a sonic boom which you cannot make quit

Below is a good review of various .17hmr mods

I use an lei which I would recommend as it's small light and made calibre specific

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/shooting/accessories/ten-of-the-best-17hmr-moderators-5434

Edited by psycho

For a small compact mod that works well get an lei.

If you want a cheaper obtain then a sak..the .17 hmr is not like a rim fire it makes one hell of a sonic boom which you cannot make quit

Below is a good review of various .17hmr mods

I use an lei which I would recommend as it's small light and made calibre specific

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/shooting/accessories/ten-of-the-best-17hmr-moderators-5434

Youre right its not, cos it is one. Assuming you mean it will never sound like a 22rf shooting subsonic rounds.

Edited by Luckyshot