BSA R10 SE or other options?

chrisjpainter

Has anyone out there got one of these? Anything I should look out for. I did have an R10mk2, which was an amazing gun - once it had been tuned! I'd rather not have to go through all that expense just to get a good gun. Opinions welcome; it's a replacement for the HW110.

Any other suggestions? Right now it's between a R10SE and an HW100, but any other ideas could be fun, around the £750 mark. NOT and AA S410 or 510. Great guns, but I don't get on with the trigger or the safety catch and I'm not a fan of the S410 bolt

• 2 weeks later...

Bought an r10 se today .px ed 2 of my guns for it .

On the way home from the shop I stopped at a permission .

And in 10 mins if deduced that the gun is inaccurate and has a knackerd reg . I took my scope off it threw it back in the bag and its going back for a refund in the morning .

Love bsas .but thier regs are shoot .

So what do you think the problem is? Are the parts made abroad and assembled here? Is it the manufacturing or quality control.

I would have expected every rifle to be tested before they are whipped.

At least the shop gave you back what you started with so annoyed but no worse off. What did the shop say?

I use the shop often so I have a good relation ship .

They just simply accepted my word and refunded my money instantly no issues .

I was told that the gun was bought by a guy they know who buys a lot of guns and sold it back to them after a couple of weeks . Alarm bells were ringing in my head .but I thought I'd chance it as it looked 100 % new . Saved £100 on a new one and they gave me a fair price for my tx and xl .

Bsa pcps are great .the issue is the reg design is wrong and always has been .

And even after the 3rd incarnation they insist on using it . (Madness since huma has shown them how to fix it )

Well i chronoed the gun in the shop for about 13 pellets and the energy went up from 10.7 to 11.1 fpe. This was around 100 bar .

Bsa regs are known to energy spike just before they come off reg .

So I refilled in the field to 230 bar (using all my air ).and shot my target .

The pellet was about 5 inches low from the previous group at 18 yds .

So I chroned the gun again and it was 4.2 fpe it didn't change over 5 shots .So that was it .reg was **** and useless .

Finish .