Beretta semi auto

matgriff

Hi, I currently use a Winchester 101 XTR, but I'm going to buy a used semi-auto to add to the collection. I've been doing a bit of general research and Beretta's seem to be a good solid buy ?

I'm going to look at a used A301, 28" multi-choke, any hints or tips on what specifically to look at besides the obvious overall general condition ?

Thanks

Mat

I got an al390 for £450 I think about 6 years ago. It's been faultless.

Make sure it all slides about nicely and you can strip it to check general wear and tear. Some edges can be a bit Sharpe with a lot of use.

Given they are tough cookies I'm sure it will be fine if wiped down with an oily rag everynow and then.

Edited by GingerCat

Hi, I currently use a Winchester 101 XTR, but I'm going to buy a used semi-auto to add to the collection. I've been doing a bit of general research and Beretta's seem to be a good solid buy ?

I'm going to look at a used A301, 28" multi-choke, any hints or tips on what specifically to look at besides the obvious overall general condition ?

Thanks

Mat

I have one for sale in the classifieds Matt. 30" barrel, all the chokes present and correct, original hard case, gun oil, choke key and breach flag, plus spare shims and main spring. It's the sought after Urika AL391 model and I'm open to offers on it if you're interested. Great guns,cycle everything fed into them and very reliable.

I asked the guy I got it off about cartridges, as I've read that semi-autos can be particular, he said it's cycled any & every cartridge that he's ever put in it without problems.

I normally use Llyalvale 28G #7.5 fibres for clays and 30G#6 fibres for pigeon n crows, in my Winchester, I think they are 67mm carts should they be OK in this Beretta or do I need something specifically 70mm ??

Thanks

Mat

In my opinion, a good double gun is infinitely more comfortable to shoot on a clays course than a rattly Semi Auto.

It's also more reliable, easier to maintain / clean etc.

However, if one needs to dabble, just because .... then that's o.k.

I've seen it happen quite a bit, only for the 'dabbler' to come back to a double gun after the novelty of a semi has worn off.

Posted Today, 12:49 PM

In my opinion, a good double gun is infinitely more comfortable to shoot on a clays course than a rattly Semi Auto.

It's also more reliable, easier to maintain / clean etc.

However, if one needs to dabble, just because .... then that's o.k.

I've seen it happen quite a bit, only for the 'dabbler' to come back to a double gun after the novelty of a semi has worn off.

I mostly shoot pigeons & crows... I also have an O/U which I intend to keep.... but thanks for the advice :yes: