Brewing up a storm

JohnGalway

Whilest i was aged between 17-24 i used to go to one live gig every week at least . I loved it . As too the best bands i have seen live there are quite a few gigs to be remembered !

Metallica damage inc tour at sheffield in 1986 , holds one of the best memorys for me as i met Cliff burton , who died 9 days later ,

Motorhead always put on a great concert , can't remember any standing inparticular though , there all cracking .

Ozzy headling at Donnington , a few years ago now was a belter ! As he sang quite a few of the ol sabbath tracks , an when your with 90,000 other fans it makes an evening to remember !

Extream noise terror , provided my first stage dive just under 20 years ago .

Dropkick murphies the other year for more folks been on stage with the murphies , than were in the "hall"

Loads of tip top memorys ! Just need some more beer with JD chasers to remember em .

all the best yis yp :yes:

Bon Jovi at the last ever concert at the old Wembly was excellant

Best Concert ever I have to say was one at Portman Road Ipswich where Bryan Adams Headlined, but Little Angels and Extreme ruled the roost with Squeeze also playing but getting booed off the stage.

Santana in LA was good too, cheers DAD for that one :yes: as was Dire Straits at Portman Road.

Genesis at Knebworth were awesome, as was Queen in 85

Local Band wise, it would have to be one I heard only a couple of Weeks ago, SILVERLIGHT REACTION (Check out there MY SPACE page.

SS

Bon Jovi at the last ever concert at the old Wembly was excellant

Best Concert ever I have to say was one at Portman Road Ipswich where Bryan Adams Headlined, but Little Angels and Extreme ruled the roost with Squeeze also playing but getting booed off the stage.

Santana in LA was good too, cheers DAD for that one :yes: as was Dire Straits at Portman Road.

Genesis at Knebworth were awesome, as was Queen in 85

Local Band wise, it would have to be one I heard only a couple of Weeks ago, SILVERLIGHT REACTION (Check out there MY SPACE page.

SS

Ok, enough about the bands your mum and sister have been to see....

Prodigy for me - I am a bit of a bass freak and they made my ears bleed.

:lol: Has to be the therapy? gig in the blue ocean room......got a little tipsy and got on the stage as they started to play my favourite therapy song....Diane....all about rape and murder.......Andy the lead singer gave me the microphone and stood back and picked up his guitar....freakin awsome!!!!!!

i have a bootleg of the gig with me singing on it too!!! :yes:

they are from your neck of the woods john!!

Therapy?

Same as Baz but at the Barfly in Camden, up close and personel gig as the place was tiny, must of only been about 100 people in there at the most, the railings were against the stage so no distance at all from the band or speakers :lol:

Ended up in kerrang mag after the bass player dived on me :yes:

I bet he still aint forgiven me for it ;)

A few years ago I took the Mrs to see that Eminem freak and co at Milton keynes bowl, the warm up was Cypress Hill and during the second tune the sound system crashed!

Amoungst a plastic bottle fight from the pee'd off crowd the drummer came back out and played for about 15 minutes with his bare hands, it was incredible. :lol:

You can divide it into two groups, the "music" and the "show".

Best "show" was Nickelback with all the flames and the sparks and the fancey window dressing. Shame the music was rubbish. (I took the wife, don't normally do that stuff).

Best "music" is and always will be the Meteors. Energy, skill, attitude and the will to put on the best possible gig every time. Is it about anything more?

Been to many good gigs but the most entertaining was Electric Six at Folkestone.

The kids hassled me to take them and I was dreading it but by the second number I was converted.

Very professional outfit and proper musicians :yes:

Second to that was Stiff Little Fingers at the Electric Ballroom.

LB

Good

Pearl Jam - newcastle riverside in front of 150 people

Nirvana - newcastle mayfair in front of 300 people - I also video'd it!!!

The very best -

Jelly Fish - same as Pearl Jam - most of you will not know who Jellyfish are but they were fantastic.

I am from the "da Whest" and i have heard of Therapy, one of my friends was mad into them

Best gig was Metallica supported by Slipknot

I have to say Slipknot hugely impressed me. Their live show was class. They made everyone in the crowd sit down and waited til everyone was sitting then shouted to "Jump the **** up" the place went mental altogether. Nothing compares to any of them but i am going to Ozzy next month so looking forward to some Zak Wylde and Black label society stuff.

ANy ever hear of alter bridge, class band but they have not played in Ireland yet. My mates travelled to london to see them twice and i am going 100% the next time

Edited by Axe

charlatans and james always give very very good performance. Oh yes OCS very good also. Mondays in their prime.cant remember much of that one. I once went to see OCS at the manchester apollo. went to bar for me and other jim and bought 8 pints of rolling rock with JD in them so 4 each. couyldnt find other jim so had to drink as much a si could before band came on and cannot remember a thing about the gig at all. nowt. Rock and roll

JDF

P.S there is a young band called the naughtys out at the minute. if you get chance see them. very very verygood