Glastonbury

Lancs Lad

So...........who is watching the coverage from the warmth and dryness of their sofa in full glorious technicolour and 40inch LCD with full surround LIVE audio sound.........

Ahh...IM almost right there..........

Just need to nip to my warm, dry,,,,,,,,none stinky toilet...................and then to the fridge for a beer............

Best thing................Virgin Media...........Ill just pause it...............

Think Ill go and stick me wellies on and stand in a washing bowl of compost and water................Just for that real feeling.

Wonder how many of them are going to go down with tummy bugs over the next few days thanks to all those squishy water iluted cowpats...........

Anyone just seen the Killers on the pyramid stage? Fireworks were a bit impressive! Loved the showmanship, but I think it is there to compensate the vast drop in quality from Hot Fuss to Sam's Town.

Dan

still top band tho...seen them at the arena up here...... :good:

Yeah, you just have to imagine what you could do with a lamp and the right sort of rifle... I'm talking bunnies, not drug dealers there by the way!

I've never been to Glastonbury, but the GF and I were talking about it the other day. One day, I'd like to go just so that I can say I have been. I think I'm getting too old for it though. Five years ago, if I'd had the money, I'd have been tempted. Right now, I'll take the sofa option.

Killers were brilliant, but Paolo Nutini was utter mince.

I was really dissapointed with Paulo Nutini, sounded **** (compared to the album) and seemed to hutch over the mic like a hobbit for the entire performance! Oh well, just stick to the album for me.

DAn

Only time half those crusties come anywhere near to something like a bath, good!

You couldn't be further from the truth there pin.

Years ago, You would have been correct. Glastonbury was full of crusties, dope heads and travellers. Nowadays it is the Radio 1 brigade, school kids and office people trying to be trendy because they saw an article in the telegraph last summer saying how cool and way out it was.

Wouldn't go now, Glastonbury has been spoilt by the corporates, and I'm not just meaning large companies like Orange being there. The whole ethos has changed. Ok, this means that a huge ***** truck won't drive into the middle of the crowd and park there to watch the bands like they used to, spoiling the view for hundreds behind it, but the whole "Mummy, Daddy, Tarquin and I are going to 'Glasto' this year, can you give us a lift in your SUV?"

But, then again, people were saying exactly this when I went 15 years ago! :good:

/Mad

Enjoyed Iggy and Stooges.Used to go Glast in 1980s.Was rough and ready and free to get in if you got in the car boot on way in.Also woke up half 3 for the Hatton fight on radio.Sounded a great win.Big mistake as am on a 14 hour shift today.Worth it tho cos a patient is desperate for me to sort a hoarde of rabbits ruining his garden.massive garden with no neighbours.Ace. :good:

I never got to grips with the whole "you had to be there thing". Was it Jack Dee that did the sketch - charge yourself £2 for a warm can of coke, take a **** behind your settee and watch a video of your favourite band through your letterbox and voila you have created your home Glastonbury experience.

I have no patience for the whole queuing traffic and waiting thing. Also, listening to the music you love in a field is not perhaps the best accoustic experience to be enjoyed.

The old Isle of Wight Festivals were the real thing. :good:

I went in 1970, we saw The Doors, Jimmi Hendrix, The Who, Emmerson Lake and Palmer and many others.

Bob Dylan was there in 1969, but I was taken into hospital to have my appendics out, the day before we were due to go, so I missed it. :look:

I never got to grips with the whole "you had to be there thing". Was it Jack Dee that did the sketch - charge yourself £2 for a warm can of coke, take a **** behind your settee and watch a video of your favourite band through your letterbox and voila you have created your home Glastonbury experience.

I have no patience for the whole queuing traffic and waiting thing. Also, listening to the music you love in a field is not perhaps the best accoustic experience to be enjoyed.

I am with Mungler here. I went to see U2 in Dublin the other year. It should have been an amazing experience but we couldnt see a thing apart from the screens and as usual the sound wasnt that great.

I vowed from then on that if I liked music and wanted to see it sung live I would buy the DVD.

From what little I have heard so far, it has been your fav bands just not sounding very good at all.

It kind of exposes the studio bands for what they are, if they say it was the 'poor accoustics' they should have listened to Shirley Bassey :good:

The best stuff IMHO seems to be on the smaller stages, Underworld, Faithless, Chemical Brothers etc - but even some of that gets lost in the translation . .

Stuart's right. :yes:

We've got the V festival on our doorstep, (10mins walk) and have been quite a few times. Invariably the best bands are on the smaller stages and you get better sound and vision because there aren't so many people watching.

The best I've seen there include , Moby, Coldplay (early days), Muse, Faithless, Supergrass and Super Furry Animals.

The trouble is I think I'm younger than I am and end up in the mosh pit at the front havinga right hoot, (although I got some nasty skin disease a few years ago :blink: ).

Can't wait for this year :lol:

P.

I am with Mungler here. I went to see U2 in Dublin the other year. It should have been an amazing experience but we couldnt see a thing apart from the screens and as usual the sound wasnt that great.

I vowed from then on that if I liked music and wanted to see it sung live I would buy the DVD.

Got back in me bed after a shower and a good poo at 0300 :D

Knackered but happy :P

The site ain't full of veggie, anti hunting, un-washed!! I've been going for years and have now started to take the kids (1yo+5yo+9yo), it's free for under 12's.

There's far more than music there!