Issues with moderator on 17

ShootingEgg

So I found myself missing a few rabbits, put it down to me pulling the shot or not taking my time. But thought id check it. Found that the mod was causing an issue. Now yesterday i thought id sight it with a new mod. And seemed to be getting similar issues but not to the extent i was. Last night when taking the mod off, when it was half off it could be moved about on the thread. Surely this cant be a good sign. Once on the thread it should be still right.. 

3 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

All mods wobble as you are  screwing them up.its the mating with the shoulder of the barrel and the rear of the mod that makes em tight and squares them up true to the bore . (Or should be ) 

A common issue on some barrels. 

Just tried it on my 22 and it wobbles aswell. Must have wobbly threads ha. 

Will have to clamp it and see if it shoots straight. 

It depends who cuts the threads normally ask for mod and rifle and cut the barrel threads to match the mod.  This does away with slop etc and gives the best alignment.  However if you have no mod to work go no go gauges do but if you have largest mod thread and smallest barrel thread it will slop about and the shoulder helps cover this vice Verda and the mod won’t screw on.  

• 2 weeks later...