D and J Cartridges

Has any one used these, all the things i can find on them seems to say they are a waste of money, clog the barrels with **** and are generally not nice... any opinons from those who have used them?

If so i take it no one will be entering the Clubman Clay shoot at Althorpe as you have to use D and J... (i might win then!!! lol)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was just a question as i was wondering if they are '****' why are they still being marketed and sponsoring events...... you know you would have thought if people thought they were bad Lyalvale would have pulled the plug on them ages ago.

They are marketed as a cheap clay load, they have a significant following amongst the more budget concious shooter. I know people who buy thousands of them.

It's not a cheap sport clay shooting, and rightly so some people will reduce the cost by buying cheap cartridges. I've heard these going for less than 90 on the 1000 which is quite a bit cheaper than the Hull Sovereign FITASC I like, but I pay about £40 more a thousand, nearly half as much again.

Each to their own, I personally hate the things, like black powder they are so dirty.

I've used them in 7.5 28gram plastic wad at clays and to be honest they kill well,the only thing I dont like is the recoil,I cant shoot them in my O/U but in my semi they are no problem,

I don,t find them a dirty cartridge,and I thnk when people say things like "clogged barrels"that is a massive over exageration!

I am shooting the Clubman at Althrope but wont be useing them ! the reason is you don,t have to use D+Js just a as long as you use a cartridge made by Lyvale /express

so I will be using what I consider to be a better cartridge,

but for practice ,or if you are on a budget,and can stand the recoil.they will smash clays and are as good as most other cartridges in there price range.

All the best Mick.

Has any one used these, all the things i can find on them seems to say they are a waste of money, clog the barrels with **** and are generally not nice... any opinons from those who have used them?

If so i take it no one will be entering the Clubman Clay shoot at Althorpe as you have to use D and J... (i might win then!!! lol)

hit well **** the barrels up