NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE, RENEWAL SGC

decoyman

6 hours ago, Dougy said:

I looked into the job of being a FEO and to be honest the hours and miles they do for the money it's not the best job in the world. But I agree it still needs to be done right. As stated above Staffs and Warwickshire were combined some years ago and the number of staff dealing with double the work load has been reduced. And it's not the staff at the firearms office that made these changes, they certainly would not have agreed to those changes, they're just the guys on the front line. 

Before i sent my renewal in I was advised to stock up on components, just before my FAC expired I rang up and spoke about having my firearms put in storage, they told me not to be concerned as I had not had my licence revoked for any reason and it is being processed. Yes I agree they were actually telling me to brake the law as I was not in possession of my valid FAC,  but I was told by the very people that gave me that FAC that there would be no problems if I had a visit or was stopped while in possession away from home. 

During the conversation with Staffs I asked for names of the people I spoke to, and mentioned to them that I was making notes, they were fine with that but ensured that there would be no problems. 

Staff's and West Midlands. Warwickshire combined with West Mercia.

48 minutes ago, winnie&bezza said:

‘F’ working for someone else nath! Surely you couldn’t? Works a little slow for me at the moment but I’d rather rent out the mrs then go on the cards again ?

How much ;) 

works crazy 4+ months without pushing . Wish you were closer.

Edited by team tractor

21 hours ago, CharlieT said:

Ah, those were the days. 

Always made me chuckle that he always timed it at exactly the time the frying pan went on for breakfast, I always reckoned he hid behind the hedge till he could smell the bacon cooking.

My first FEO was a serving police officer, he was in the job for well over 20 years, was sensible and knowledgeable and we got on great....... it went downhill after him and has pretty much continued to!

Dave Mills was my West Mids FEO too, I got on well with him! Nice chap! I didn't have any direct dealings with Paul Dale but the "manager"  before him was someone named Biddle, his attitude was typically overbearing a "do as your told" bullying, self important, **!................that approach didn't work with me! Lol!......Thankfully, I never met him in person, but you could probably tell? I took an instant dislike to him!

The combined Staffs/West Mids Firearms dept 'service' to the shooting public is presently I suspect, deliberately and in my recent experience, inexcusably slow!

Must admit my FEO is brilliant. An ex copper and fellow shooter. He doesn't stand for any poop, knows his job backwards, is very helpful and realises there is a difference between how it should be and how it actually is, and has the intelligence to know the difference.